Institute of Ministerial Studies Program in Lay Ministries
Denver Seminary’s Institute of Ministerial Studies Program in Lay Ministry is designed to help train, equip and support adult men and women to serve more confidently in positions of leadership in their church, Christian organization, or place of work. The program is also designed to prepare and provide students with the skills and foundational knowledge to become successful graduate students at Denver Seminary.
The Program in Lay Ministry extends the educational resources of Denver Seminary into the communities and churches of black students in an urban context through this non-accredited certificate program. Upon completion, graduates can apply for entrance to the seminary through its undergraduate exemption program for one of the graduate certificate programs.
Completion of the Lay Minsitry Program will provide leaders with:
- A foundation on which to conduct proper biblical exegesis.
- A biblical/theological framework on the essential
doctrines of the Christian faith.
- A theoretical framework and foundation in leadership
and ministry issues from a biblical perspective.
- Practical skills and tools to lead and manage increasingly complex ministries.
- Preparation for Seminary level education.
- Foundational essentials for ministry credentialing (licensure or ordination).
Felix Gilbert, MDiv
is currently the Assistant Professor of Pastoral Leadership and Ministry; Director of the Urban Initiative and is working on a DMin degree from Denver Seminary with an emphasis on leadership and preaching. He received his MDiv from Denver Seminary, and a BA from Colorado Christian University. Mr. Gilbert served the Ogilvie Institute for preaching at Fuller Seminary as a Micah Group Facilitator from 2010 to 2013. He also developed and implemented a lay training program to equip leaders for effectiveness in ministry. He also serves as the senior pastor of Restoration Christian Fellowship, a church he and his wife planted in 1999.
Institute of Ministerial Studies
Program in Lay Ministries
Details & Information
Course Schedule 2016-2017
Program in Lay Ministries Brochure
Cost of Program: course fee per class: $250; weekend seminars approximately $75 per weekend; estimated cost for books and supplies: $35-50. Payment plans available; please inquire at
Download Print Application
Urban Initiatives Brochure
Pastoral Reference Form
Complete these steps to apply
1. Fill out the application form.
2. Complete the reference form and have it sent to
3. Pay the $35 application processing fee.
If you would like to pay via credit card, click here. To pay via cash or check, please send payment to:
ATTN: Urban Initiatives
6399 South Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80120
4. Register for classes. Click here to register for classes and pay your tuition fees.