Denver Seminary Magazine: Spring 2009
- Apr 13, 2009
This edition of the Denver Seminary magazine emphasizes faithful living as evidenced by Dr. Vernon Grounds and his wife Ann. They are celebrating together 70 years of marriage and 95 years of life. Both Vernon and Ann have faithfully served Denver Seminary for many decades on and off campus and have demonstrated that faithful living requires a lifetime of hard, spiritual work. Faithful living begins with loyalty toward Jesus as we follow him in obedience and trust in his character as he points us to the Father. With the hope of one day seeing God face to face, we can carry on faithfully with our duties and responsibilities here on earth. Our faithfulness toward God is expressed in our work, our commitment and fidelity to our spouse, and faithfulness toward family and friends. And beyond our inner personal circle, we are also called to be faithful witnesses to the world at large which needs the redemptive love of Jesus Christ.
If you would like to interact on a deeper level with any of the content in the Spring 2009 issue of Denver Seminary Magazine, we invite you to follow the links or use the discussion/thought questions listed below. You are also welcome to leave comments at the bottom of this page (requires a login, which you can set up for free).
Also available online is the faculty travel schedule.
Campus News Links
- Information about Denver Seminary's new president
- Information about the Grounds bust in bronze (includes photos, video and a .pdf of the commemorative program)
- How do you think God encourages you personally?
- What other disciplines or practices would you consider trying in your faithful living journey?
To see chili recipes that have been submitted by the Denver Seminary community, click here. If you'd like to share your recipe, send an email to , and we'll post it!
God's Strength in Our Weakness
by Natalie Corbin (MA student)
If you find yourself in a place of learning about God's strength in your weakness and you would like to share a prayer request (or a praise for a lesson learned), please visit our Community Prayer Request Blog.
by Bob Beltz (MA, '79 and DMin, '86)
Links to Bob's websites:
Teaching to Live Faithfully
by Interim President Gordon MacDonald (MDiv, '66)
- Do you have memories of someone modeling faithful living or spurring you on to faithful living?
- In what ways have those memories or circumstances specifically impacted you?
- Are there people in your life for whom you could model faithful living? What would that look like?
If you would like to share specific stories of how a professor impacted your life, please send an email to Stories will be posted as they come in.
by DJ Turner (about alumnus Gene Carlson [DMin, '92])
- Do you know someone who has served in a specific ministry for a long period of time?
- If so, what things do you see in that person's life that may have allowed him or her to persevere in their ministry?
For information about Denver Seminary's DMin program, please click here.
Lessons on Living Faithfully...from an unexpected source
by Dr. Monte Hasz
For information about Denver Seminary's counseling program, click here.
Calling and the Journey
If you are interested in learning more about pursuing your calling at Denver Seminary, visit our website.
Alumni and Friends Pages
Links from the articles:
- More information about estate planning
- Creative ways to give in challenging times
- Alumni News stories and updates
- How to use the Internet to disciple, create community and outreach free webinar