Denver Seminary Magazine: Summer 2009
- Aug 31, 2009
Campus News Links
Correction: In the article about alumnus Craig Williford, it was incorrectly reported that he is an alumnus of '02. Dr. Williford is actually an alumnus of '82.
Developing Wise Leaders
by Dr. Alex Mekonnen
- What attributes do you think a wise leader possesses?
- Do you agree with Dr. Mekonnen that there is a lack of wise leaders in our world? Why or why not?
- In his article, Dr. Mekonnen mentions several things that he thinks help develop a wise leader: study of the wisdom literature of the Bible, integrated academic curriculum, spiritual formation, mentoring, etc. If you are a leader, in what ways do you incorporate these into your own life? Is there anything you would add to the list?
More thoughts on leadership
If you are interested in hearing more thoughts on leadership from Dr. Alex Mekonnen, we invite you to check out his blog.
From Students to Leaders: Alumni Share Their Wisdom
by Natalie Corbin
Each of the short articles in this alumni feature has a longer version which is only available on our website. Click the titles below to read the full stories:
- Lifetime of Serving with David Cauwels (MRE, '61)
- Dying to Self with Delene Thomas (MA, '98)
- Vision First with Joshua Zhong (MA, '89)
- A Balance of Boundaries and Practice with Fran Blomberg (MA, '98)
- A Fight for Joy with Jeff Nikkel (MDiv, '04)
- Reality Check with Marshall Shelley (MDiv, '82)
A New Era of Leadership
by DJ Turner - and Interview with President Dr. Mark S. Young
For more information about Dr. Mark Young and his appointment as Denver Seminary's seventh president, please click here.
Chaplaincy: Leading Institutional Change from Within
by Dr. Jan McCormack
For more information about Denver Seminary's chaplaincy program, please click here.
by Mark Miller
To learn more about Denver Semianry's Doctor of Ministry program, please click here.
A Joint Venture: Training Students to Lead Wisely
by Dr. David Buschart and Nancy Buschart
To learn more about Denver Seminary's approach to training students to lead wisely, please click here.
To read Nancy's blog, "The Three Questions," please click here.
Alumni & Friends Pages Links
- Generosity Forum
- E-Devotional: online or subscribe (be sure to check the "Seeds of Change Devotional" box.
- Questions about the biblically-based estate planning seminar, the endowed graduation award in honor of Dr. Gordon Lewis and Dr. Doug Groothuis, or a charitable beneficiary designation, please email
- 7th Annual Golf Tournament
To read updated on Dr. and Mrs. Grounds' health, please visit the Potential Student Referral Form