Denver Seminary Magazine: Winter 2007
- Dec 3, 2007
If you would like to interact on a deeper level with any of the content in the Winter 2007 issue of Denver Seminary Magazine, we invite you to use the discussion/thought questions listed below, or join our online message forum to interact with the greater Denver Seminary community on these articles. (Note: While anyone may read the posts in the forum, you will need to create an account and log in to post thoughts or messages to the online forum. Instructions are available in the forum.)
Also available online is the faculty travel schedule.
NOTE: Links to external sources are provided merely as a resource to Denver Seminary Magazine subscribers. They are not meant to imply endorsement by Denver Seminary or suggest that a relationship between Denver Seminary and the linked organization exists.
Latin American Christianity: There and Then...Here and Now
article by Dr. M. Daniel Carroll R.
- Learn more about IDEAL (Instituto para el Desarrollo y Adiestramiento e Líderes) (in English)
- SETECA (El Seminario Teológico Centroamericano)
- Support a Latino/a student at Denver Seminary by giving to the Latino/a Student Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Have you ever been to Latin America? In what context? Describe your experiences and what differences you witnessed between your own culture and theirs?
- Are there any things that you witnessed that you wish American Christianity would embrace? (e.g., slower pace of life)
Many of these books are available from our Bookstore.
- Crisis and Hope in Latin America: An Evangelical Perspective by Emilio A. Nuñez C. and William D. Taylor
- The Other Spanish Christ by John MacKay
- The Next Christendom: The Coming of Global Christianity by Philip Jenkins
- Power, Politics and Pentecostals in Latin America by Edward L. Cleary and Hannah W. Stewart-Gambino
- Evangelicals and Politics in Asia, Africa, and Latin America by Paul Freston
The Fundamental Factors for Christianity in South Korea
article by YoungSung Lee, student
- Learn more about KLEI, Denver Seminary's Korean Lifelong Education Initiative
- Support a Korean student at Denver Seminary by giving to the Korean Student Endowed Scholarship Fund
Christianity in India: An American Perspective
article by DJ Turner
- Learn more about how to help underpriveleged people groups in India through the Dalit Freedom Network
- Describe a time when you experienced another culture or were immersed in an environment that was different from your own.
- How did that experience change or expand your worldview?
- Did or do you find it difficult to maintain that broader worldview? Why or why not?
Hope for Africa
article by DJ Turner
- Learn more about Tony Weedor's CenterPoint International Foundation
- Have you or someone close to you ever been to Africa? If so, how did that experience change you (or them)? What did you learn?
- How does your life here in America influence the way you view Christianity or the Bible?
- In this article, Weedor describes the need to "undo the damage that the worldview has done in order to build and establish a biblical worldview." What is your reaction to that statement?
- Do you think there is a difference between an American worldview and a biblical worldview? If yes, what are those differences? If not, why not?
Be of Good Courage
article by Sandy Widstrom
- More about the partnership between Denver Seminary and the Conservative Baptist Seminary of Taiwan
- An online news article describes the decline of Christianity in Taiwan
- Support Chinese students at Denver Seminary by giving to the Chinese Student Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Have you ever experienced cultural persecution for what you believe? How did you respond to that?
- What examples from the Bible show how God can overcome cultural boundaries?
article by Dr. Heather Davediuk Gingrich
- Phenomena and their interpretations: Landmark essays 1957-1989; J.C. Bulatao
Identified with Christ
article by Sandy Widstrom
- How do you define your Christian faith?
- Do your race or your culture add to that definition? If yes, how so?
- How do you think your church defines its identity? Do you see race or culture impacting or dividing your church? If so, what steps do you think could be taken to bring unity to your congregation?
Instilling a Global Perspective
article by Dr. Randy MacFarland
These books are available in our Bookstore.
- Globalizing Theology: Belief and Practice in an Era of World Christianity; by Craig Ott and Harold A. Netland, editors
- The Globalization of Theological Education; Robert A. Evans, David A Roozen and Alice Frazer Evans, editors
- Learn more about making a stock or IRA rollover gift before December 31, 2007
- Learn more about becoming a Denver Seminary Prayer Partner
- Find fellow Denver Seminary alumni
- Learn how to leave Denver Seminary in your will
- Learn more about joining Denver Seminary for Colorado Rockies Spring Training
- Give to the Seminary Fund
Other links from this issue
- Women's Forum (in Campus news and on the back page)
- National Association of Evangelicals (in Campus News)
- IDEAL (Instituto para el Desarrollo y Adiestramiento e Líderes) (in "Latin American Christianity")
- Denver Seminary Magazine Archives (in "Latin American Christianity")
- CenterPoint International Foundation (in "Hope for Africa")
- Denver Seminary Alumni (in "Hope for Africa")
- Denver Seminary's Globalization Efforts (in "Instilling a Global Perspective")
- Faculty Travel Schedule (on "Resources" page)
- International Conference on Mentoring (on back page)
- Leaderhip Lunch (on back page)
- Common Ground (chapel) Schedule (on back page)
- Referral form - refer a student to Denver Seminary (on back page)