Senior Pastor at Ashley Baptist Church
- Posted: 3/18/2013
- Location: Ashley, ND
- URL: http://
- Hours: Full Time
MINISTRY POSTING FOR POSITION OF PASTOR
Ashley Baptist Church Ashley, North Dakota
Ashley Baptist Church (affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference) is seeking a pastor
and is inviting applications from those willing to serve in such a position. The Ashley Baptist
Church located in America’s Heartland has members from the surrounding Ashley area which includes McIntosh County, North Dakota and McPherson County, South Dakota.
The congregation consists of approximately 100 people. Applicants must be able to demonstrate
strength in communicating Christ-centered biblical insights through clear, relevant preaching and teaching. Gifts and skills for visionary leadership as well as for training and developing leaders must be demonstrated. Ashley Baptist Church was established in 1896 and has a long and full history of service to the Lord. Rev. Darwin Stahl, served the Ashley Baptist Church and the entire community of Ashley for 18 years of fruitful ministry. His retirement creates a great opportunity for a new shepherd to lead this very dedicated body of believers.
The pastor of the congregation will provide spiritual leadership and guidance to maintain and
enhance the congregation’s health and ministry. In addition to preaching/teaching and pastoral
care/shepherding responsibilities the pastor will take an active role in casting vision to support
the ministry objectives of Ashley Baptist Church.
1. Prepares and presents sermons and bible studies that communicate God’s Word and reveal the person of Jesus Christ with clear, relevant preaching and teaching.
2. The pastor must have an absolute commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant word of God
and an absolute commitment to preaching and teaching the word of God and administering the
ordinances of the New Testament.
3. The pastor is required to model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
4. The pastor should encourage the development of lay leadership in the church by recruiting and
equipping church members with appropriate skills for needed roles. He will be empowered to
delegate ministries to those so equipped.
5. As the church’s spiritual leader he should impress upon youth the importance of accepting
Christ as their Savior and starting their personal ministry at a young age. The older church
members should be encouraged to participate in church activities and be assured they are a valuable asset to the church and the community.
6. The pastor must be committed to prayer and be discerning of what God is calling us to do as a
church in the community so that the lost will be saved and members will grow in faith and obedience to Christ.
7. The pastor must work with the church leadership in planning and establishing the direction and focus for the church.
1. Manage the administrative aspects of the church. Provide direction and supervision that are within the church Core Values and Constitution.
2. Ex-officio member of all Church boards and standing committees, and be available to offer
guidance to those who lead in various departments of the church.
3. Represent the church at North Central Association meetings and NAB Triennial Conferences.
4. Officiate at weddings, funerals, baptisms and baby dedications.
The pastor is responsible to the church congregation, but he shall directly report to the Board of Deacons in cooperation with the Church council.
1. Character, conduct and competence must conform to those found in 1 Timothy 3:17; Titus
1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-9
2. Ordained minister of the Baptist faith and practice preferred. One who is eligible for
ordination credentialing in the North American Baptist Conference and recent seminary graduates will be considered.
3. Shall be in agreement with Ashley Baptist Church’s Mission Statement: “A body of believers
empowered by God to serve and disciple others locally and globally”, Core Values and constitution.
4. Full time ministry experience preferred.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dr. Dean Christianson, DVM Search Committee Co-Chair C/O Ashley Veterinary Clinic
3151 1st St. SW
Ashley, ND 58413
Office – (701)288-3234
Home – (701)426-7640
Search Committee Co-Chair
P.O. Box 176
Ashley, ND 58413 (701)288-3634 email@example.com
Rev. Phyl Putz
Northern Plains Regional Minister North American Baptist Conference Home/Office – (701)323-0110
Mobile – (701)426-8295
To Apply: send a resume to