Family Ministry Leader at Aspen Grove Community Church
- Posted: 7/14/2013
- Location: Littleton, CO
- URL: http://www.aspengrovechurch.org/employment
- Salary/Range: $26,000-$29,000 per year
- Hours: Part-time (30 hours per week)
To serve as the primary leader for Aspen Grove Community Church’s ministry to children ages Newborn through 5th
grade and their families.
II. General Expectations of all paid and unpaid staff and volunteers:
Own and promote the overall vision of Aspen Grove Community Church in his/her respective
area of responsibility and exhibit a personal commitment to live out AGCC’s Mission, Values,
III. Responsibilities of the Family Ministries Leader:
• Develop, plan, and execute, the vision and strategy for the AGCC Family Ministry.
• Recruit, train, and provide supervisory oversight to the Family Ministries volunteers.
• Lead the Family Ministry Leadership Team.
• Oversee the Sunday School Teaching and Develop/Select Curriculum appropriate for each
• Create a nurturing and learning environment for children ages (Newborn-5th Grade) including
oversight of the design and set up of classrooms, and implementation of curriculum.
• Ensure a safe environment for children by using background checks of volunteers and other
appropriate safety measures.
• Communicate AGCC’s Family Ministry’s vision, needs and opportunities to the congregation,
parents, and ministry leaders using email, AGCC website blog, printed bulletin, and online
volunteer management tools.
• Responsible for coordinating childcare for church functions.
• Annually develop and manage a budget for AGCC Family Ministries (Newborn-5th Grade).
A. Positional Qualities
1. Must be in agreement with the church’s doctrinal statement, philosophy of ministry, bylaws,
mission, vision and values.
2. Must be a member of Aspen Grove Community Church or become a member in the first year
B. Professional Qualities
1. Biblical competency to teach children is required.
2. A post-secondary degree related to education or Christian ministry is desirable.
3. Professional or volunteer experience in teaching or leading in family ministry is desirable.
C. Personal Qualities
1. Personal devotion to Christ and a desire to grow in Christian maturity.
2. Models AGCC’s Core Values and leads and equips others to the same.
3. Demonstration of administrative and organizational ability.
4. Team builder who trains, equips and inspires others to do the work of the ministry.
5. A heart and passion for children and their families.
V. Other Information
• This is a part-time salaried position for 30 hours per week with some variability throughout the
year given workload and church calendar. Salary range is $26,000 – $29,000.
• This position can be held by either gender.
• The Family Ministry Leader reports directly to and is accountable to the Lead Pastor and
indirectly to the Leadership Council. The Family Ministry Leader is directly accountable for
volunteers and the Family Ministry Assistant in AGCC’s Family Ministry.
• The Family Ministry Leader is accountable to all provisions of AGCC’s Employee Handbook.
VI. To Apply
• Email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Send resume to