Office Manager at Aspen Ridge Church
- Posted: 3/18/2013
- Location: Evergreen, CO
- URL: http://aspenridgechurch.org
- Salary/Range: $14/hour
- Hours: 9AM-1PM, M-F, not to exceed 20 hours/week
… Office Manager: Primary function of this part-time position is to oversee all activities of the main church office.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 1 PM (hourly – not to exceed 20 hours per week @ $14.00/hour).
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience as an administrative assistant.
3. Minimum typing – 85 WPM with accuracy and transcribing experience.
4. Proficiency in the use of standard office tools: printer, copy machine, etc.
5. Strong communication skills including excellent command of English composition and punctuation.
6. Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook).
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Clear criminal background checks conducted by Aspen Ridge as requested.
9. Experience in managing projects along with interpersonal, networking and supervisory skills.
Building Use and Scheduling:
1. Maintenance and organization of Church Office and reception area. This includes the regular ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
2. Organization and maintenance of church calendar.
a. Coordinate scheduling for weddings, funerals, and other special events.
b. Oversee building use requests making sure to communicate with staff and custodian any audio-visual, setup, cleanup, or calendar issues.
3. Provide keys to personnel as needed. Tracking and maintaining church key bank.
4. Administrate a lost and found center.
Correspondence and Communication:
1. Attend all staff meetings.
2. Check email and respond or forward to appropriate individual.
3. Notify all Pastoral Staff of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
4. Organization and maintenance of existing church database.
5. Pick up, distribute, and disseminate all mail and correspondence.
6. Receive visitors to office and respond to needs.
7. Screening and routing all incoming calls.
8. Work closely with Director of Communications.
Filing, Forms and Ministry Collateral:
1. Keep all files in an orderly manner and prepare filing system directions for other users.
a. Maintain records of baptisms, dedications, weddings, membership and visitor attendance.
b. Prepare baby dedication and baptism certificates.
2. Maintain existing Office Procedure Manual so that information as to the function of the church office is kept up-to-date and is easily accessible to others should it be needed.
3. Maintain standard forms and ministry literature.
4. Prepare, maintain, and disseminate Sunday name tags.
5. Prepare, proof, and send/email weekly Prayer Warrior Guide.
6. In coordination with communications manager, prepare, print and fold weekly bulletins.
Supervise Volunteer Office Assistants:
1. Network with ministry staff and a pool of church volunteers.
2. Provide a positive and welcoming environment to volunteers.
3. Train & oversee volunteer office assistants.
4. Establish consistent means of communication with volunteers.
5. Give regular direction for ongoing and special projects to volunteers.