Youth Director at Aurora Hills Baptist Church
- Posted: 1/30/2014
- Location: Aurora, CO
- URL: http://www.aurorahillschurch.com/home.html
- Hours: Part Time
Aurora Hills Church is a congregation of roughly 100 people in Aurora, CO. We are looking for someone to re-launch the youth program at our church. We have been without regular youth programing for eighteen months, so this will entail re-engaging a small core of youth who have largely drifted away from the church, preparing for a handful of students who will move from children’s ministry to youth ministry next fall, and finding ways to reach out to youth into the community and bring them to Christ and His church.
Aurora Hills has a head pastor has over 24 years of teaching experience and a pastoral with a pastoral intern who has worked with youth for the past eight years and spent over three years as a youth pastor, both available as resources and mentors, and a handful of members willing to help with a youth program. We are praying for someone who will be around for several years and who has great energy and passion to raise up a group of impassioned young followers of Jesus.
*Spiritual & Character Qualifications*
• Committed to following Jesus Christ above all else
• Actively and regularly engaged in listening to the Scriptures, prayer, worship, fellowship, and confession
• Actively striving to follow the examples and commands of Jesus Christ in every area of life
• Reports To: Senior Pastor and Deacon of Christian Education
• Purpose: To develop and oversee a ministry to the middle school and high school students of the Aurora community
• Hours: Sunday mornings. One night per week. Week of camp in the summer. Time with students and families and for preparation as needed.
• Financial: Unfortunately we cannot offer regular compensation at this time. We may be able to raise some support with occasional congregational offerings, but as of now this is a labor of love and an opportunity to build and run a youth program from scratch. We know that is asking much. We’re praying for a man or woman willing to give it.
• Our hope is that this position will grow back into salaried position as it has been in the past.
*Responsibilities, Duties, and Expectations*
• Work with the Senior Pastor, Deacon of Outreach, and Pastoral Intern to develop, implement, and oversee a strategy for youth evangelism
• With church leadership, identify, recruit, and develop leaders from within the congregation and involve them in ministering to the youth
• Lead a weekly youth meeting before Sunday worship
• Plan and lead a weekly youth gathering
• Take youth to camp one week each summer
• With church leadership, plan and lead quarterly large youth events
• Build relationships with students and parents
• Continue to grow in relationship with the Triune God
• Attend weekly forty-five minute staff meeting
• Be in agreement with Aurora Hills Church statement of belief
• Willing to become a member of Aurora Hills Church upon beginning position
• Seeking a two year commitment to the church
Please send resume to Scott Ritterbush at email@example.com.
Please contact Scott Ritterbush at 308.641.7427 with any questions.