Ministry Internship at Autumn Ridge Church
- Posted: 1/15/2013
- Location: Rochester, MN
- URL: http://autumnridgechurch.org
- Hours: full time
Autumn Ridge Church is seeking qualified candidates to serve in a Ministry Internship Program during the summer of 2013. The purpose of the program is to provide a wide range of ministry experiences and to identify future prospects for staff positions at Autumn Ridge Church.
Candidates must have completed at least one year of seminary training and plan to enter full time ministry upon completion of their degree program. Candidates must have high academic marks and a track record of excellence in previous ministry opportunities and should come with the full endorsement of their home pastor and seminary professors. Housing will be provided by the church as well as an attractive salary package.
Candidates will serve a 10-week internship and will be cross-trained in a variety of ministry areas:
• Adult Discipleship: Interns will have opportunity to participate in education and discipleship classes and will assist in the development of fall curriculum and programming.
• Small Groups/Community: Interns will work with the Pastor of Discipleship to provide training opportunities to the leaders of the churches more than 100 small groups.
• Student Ministries: Interns will have the opportunity to work with the student ministry pastoral team to teach, lead small groups and participate in summer ministry events. Interns will also participate in local outreach through the VBS program.
• Worship Ministry: Interns will spend time with the worship pastors and staff to discuss the contemporary issues of worship planning and execution as well as receiving hands on experience with media and logistics.
• Pastoral Care: Interns will receive thorough training in specific pastoral functions including communion, baptism, hospital visitation, weddings and funerals.
• Leadership: Interns will work with the executive pastor to examine the issues surrounding staff leadership, church management and working with lay leadership boards.
• Outreach: Interns will have the opportunity to work in our ministry to ex-offenders and their families and participate in other local outreach programs.
• Interns may also have exposure to other essential areas of church ministry based on their particular ministry calling.
Interested parties should contact Andy Kumpel, Young Adults Pastor of Autumn Ridge Church. Applications will be received through January 15 and positions will be awarded by February 28.
To Apply: Send a resume to