Director of Project Destiny (summer camp and after school program) at Boston Chinese Evangelical Church
- Posted: 11/8/2012
- Location: Boston, MA
- URL: http://www.bcec.net
- Salary/Range: $36000-$39000
- Hours: Full time
Director of Project Destiny (Summer Camp and Autumn to Spring)
The Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (BCEC) began 50 years ago to minister to Boston’s Chinese. Today, we hope to reach “more Chinese and more than Chinese.” We cherish our church’s Chinese heritage and desire to reach more Chinese. We also desire to equip our members to minister to all peoples—“more than Chinese.” We seek a director for our after school programs for middle and high school students in the community
1. Project Destiny Summer Camp
This includes recruiting and leading a team of volunteer staff and students to operate Project Destiny Summer Camp, a 5 week summer day camp for middle school students. Camp involves programming, staff training, staff debriefing, and coordination with other church programs, especially the Chinatown English Youth Ministry.
2. Project Destiny Autumn to Spring (PDAS)
This includes recruiting and leading a team of volunteer staff and students to operate Project Destiny Autumn to Spring a weekday out-of-school afternoon program for grades 6-12. PDAS involves programming, staff training, and coordination with other church programs, especially the Chinatown English Youth Ministry.
3. Serve with others ministries assigned by supervising pastor
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
1. Appropriate Christian character, reputation, and maturity
2. Love and passion to serve students, families, and church
3. Theological training in seminary or equivalence
4. Compatible evangelical theology with BCEC
5. Able to work within vision of BCEC, on a multi-staff team
6. Strong competency in teaching, leadership, leadership development
7. Proficient in English; conversant in Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable.
8. Competency in cross-cultural setting. Experience in working in multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting strongly preferred. Candidates of all ethnic & cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
9. Experience in operating high quality youth program within state and city regulations.
10. Experience in education, youth ministry, and program management.
11. Experience with applying for grants highly desired.
To Apply: Send cover letter, résumé, and inquiries to Frances Lau, Office Manager. 617-426-5711.