Director of Student Ministries (College & Youth) at Boston Chinese Evangelical Church
- Posted: 11/8/2012
- Location: Boston, MA
- URL: http://www.bcec.net
- Salary/Range: $36000-$39000
- Hours: full time
Director of Student Ministries (College & Youth)
The Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (BCEC) began 50 years ago to minister to Boston’s Chinese. Today, we hope to reach “more Chinese and more than Chinese.” We cherish our church’s Chinese heritage and desire to reach more Chinese. We also desire to equip our members to minister to all peoples—“more than Chinese.” We seek a shepherd for our students at our Chinatown campus. The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) oversees ministries to our middle school, high school, and college departments.
1. College Ministry of BCEC Chinatown Campus, English-speaking.
This includes leading a team of volunteer staff and students to oversee our Sunday ministry to college-aged (Trellis), multiple campus small groups, retreats, discipleship, outreach, and leadership development.
2. Youth Ministry of BCEC Chinatown Campus, English-speaking.
This includes leading a team of volunteer staff and students to oversee our Friday youth groups, Sunday school classes, conferences, discipleship, outreach and leadership development.
3. Serve with others ministries assigned by supervising pastor
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
1. Appropriate Christian character, reputation, and maturity
2. Love and passion to serve students, families, and church
3. Theological training in seminary or equivalence
4. Compatible evangelical theology with BCEC
5. Able to work within vision of BCEC, on a multi-staff team
6. Strong competency in teaching, leadership, leadership development
7. Proficient in English; conversant in Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable.
8. Competency in cross-cultural setting. Experience in working in multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting strongly preferred. Candidates of all ethnic & cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter, résumé, and inquiries to Frances Lau, Office Manager. 617-426-5711.