Student Ministries Program Coordinator at Broomfield United Methodist Church
- Posted: 1/14/2014
- Location: Broomfield, CO
- URL: http://broomfieldumc.org/
- Salary/Range: $12/hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Provide support and guidance to the students of BUMC and the Director of the Student Ministry through interaction and collaboration on ministry objectives.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Lead or co-lead Sunday Night Youth Group meetings; including participation, leading small groups, inspirational or informational presentations and support of the meeting operation.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the participating students or cultivation of new participation through interaction, meetings, including outside formal youth group activities.
• Attendance at various youth activities as directed by the Supervisor. These can include mission work, movie night, sporting events, adventure parks, and other activities that occur throughout the year.
• Occasional teaching of high school or middle school Sunday school.
• helping teach Confirmation Class.
• Develop and maintain various social media outlets for communicating with students and parents. This includes at least weekly posts to facebook and twitter, as well as exploring any new social media outlets and assessing their viability in promoting the youth group.
• Data entry as related to programs (i.e. attendance and email lists).
• Recruit, develop and coordinate “program” volunteers as defined by supervisor.
• Look for areas of professional growth and take on projects to develop those skills. Ex: volunteer recruitment, youth room redesign, making a budget, or retreat planning.
• Collaborate on planning and implementation of student ministry program goals and vision.
• Lead or co-lead monthly volunteer leader meetings.
• Meet weekly with Director of Student Ministries to plan short and long term goals, and action needed to meet those goals.
• Develop and maintain relationships with youth volunteers.