Administrative and Clerical
- Mailroom and Database Specialist
- Cadence International
- Posted: 3/6/2014
- Salary/Range: Based on qualifications
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Englewood, CO
Description:Mailroom and Database Specialist
Reports to: VP for Field Ministries Location: Englewood, CO
Hours: 25 Hours Per Week (Monday-Friday) Date Closing: Until Filled
Compensation: Based on Qualifications
The Mailroom and Database Specialist is responsible for day-to-day mailroom functions; operation and maintenance coordination of the mailroom equipment; picking up, delivering and sending out all office mail and packages; recording and reporting all shipping charges to accounting; managing database, interfacing with IT vendors, adding and disabling Exchange accounts, backing up IT Support Specialist, and participating in special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining a relationship with the Englewood Post Office (both the Broadway and Lehigh branches).
• Serves as focal point for shipping and mailing matters.
• Ensures compliance with governmental postal requirements and other applicable regulations.
o Keeps informed and up to date on postal regulation changes.
• Picks up the PO Box mail and signs for packages at the Post Office.
• Uses and maintains the envelope stuffer, label printer and postage machines to prepare newsletters, receipts, packages, and all Cadence outgoing mail.
o Coordinates the maintenance of all mail room equipment.
• Works with equipment lease provider to maintain all mailroom machines, including preventative maintenance contracts and emergency repairs.
• Orders additional shipping and mailing supplies as needed.
• Sorts incoming mail and delivers or forwards to the appropriate users.
• Prepares packages for shipment via FedEx, UPS, etc. and delivers them to the shipping office.
• Keeps accurate list of charges for postage and shipping and forwards them to accounting for posting.
• Packs and mails out literature and special order donor packages.
• Coordinates with the other departments regarding literature, newsletter and special order shipping schedules.
• Maintains the appearance of the mailroom.
o Creates and tracks tickets with third party IT vendor to add and delete Exchange accounts.
o Communicates with exiting missionaries when their account will be disabled.
o Maintains master list of Exchange accounts for internal billing.
o Interfaces with IT vendor, such as number of user accounts and reviews invoice for accuracy.
o Maintains Global Groups in Exchange; update all missionary movement.
• Organizational Databases
o Manages all account codes; includes create, activate, deactivate, update account combinations, etc.
o Creates, activates, and deactivates list, source, and new codes.
o Maintains missionaries’ and employees’ codes, job titles, email, phone.
o Updates change of mailing address, email address, and other information changes for all Cadence constituents.
• Updates organizational roster each week; post to company file; upload to internet.
• Tracks software downloads by missionaries and sends activation codes.
• Reviews and submits internal billing for IT-related charges.
• Maintains shared spreadsheet of cost center and project changes.
• Manages permissions and employee/missionary access to all database programs.
• Acts as a backup to IT Support Specialist.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Must have strong PC skills and a high comfort level with computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Database, Email and Internet) and must be willing to learn new applications.
• High comfort level with operating office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other related equipment.
• Current driver’s license and car needed to transport mail and packages.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a mailroom environment and/or database management.
• Understanding of OrangeLeap MPX software or similar database preferred.
Competencies for Success:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Teachability – willing to submit to authority.
• Willingness to deploy Cadence Mission/Vision.
• Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources.
• Team player able to work independently and willing to pitch in on other projects lying outside of job description.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Important Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Cadence International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans).
Cadence is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The organization prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin or disability in accordance with applicable legal requirements. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment because of an individual’s membership in any of these protected classes.
Because it is a religious organization, Cadence is permitted by law to use its religious doctrines and practices as a basis for hiring and other employment decisions with all employees. In addition, employees having ministerial functions, including missionaries and employees in leadership roles, may be subject to special requirements or qualifications based upon religious principles.
If you would like to review our Veteran and Disabled policies, please contact Human Resources at 303-762-1400 during normal business hours.
To Apply: Apply online at http://www.cadence.org/content/job_opportunities