Youth Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church
- Posted: 12/27/2012
- Location: Yankton, SD
- URL: http://www.cbchurch.com
- Hours: Full Time
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH
YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
A. Responsible to and serve under the direction of the Governing Board and will undergo an annual performance evaluation.
B. Serve under the Senior Pastor for the coordination and administration of specific programs and daily activities and meet for weekly staff meetings.
C. Serve on, and advise, the Youth Leadership Team.
D. Sits in on the Governing Board meetings in an advisory capacity as an advocate for youth programs.
II. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
A. Youth ministries: a majority of time and effort will be given in this area.
1. Develop and cast vision for the youth ministry of Calvary that aligns with the overall vision of the
2. Initiate, coordinate and participate in Junior High and Senior High ministries.
3. Coordinate and teach at Wednesday night youth group.
4. Teach a Sunday school class (youth or adult).
5. Recruit, train, and oversee a team of adult leaders to do youth ministry.
6. Cultivate Christ-centered relationships with youth and encourage them to do the same with one
7. Counsel parents, students, and adult leaders as needed or requested.
8. Establish office hours, reserving one day off per week.
9. Establish and maintain an open line of communication with parents and the rest of the body
10. Promote worldwide evangelism to students and encourage their participation on short-term mission
B. Other church duties.
1. Preach as assigned by Senior Pastor or Governing Board
2. Other duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Governing Board or the Senior Pastor.
A. Spiritual and Denominational
1. Commitment to a close and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ through personal Bible study, prayer and fellowship.
2. Commitment to Christ’s Kingdom and the work of His Church
3. Commitment to the doctrine and Declaration of Faith as adopted in the constitution of Calvary Baptist Church.
4. Commitment to participation within ministries of Converge Worldwide and Converge Heartland.
1. Seminary preferred.
2. Minimum requirement of college level training and experience in youth ministry.
C. Spiritual giftedness/abilities
1. Building strong interpersonal relationships with all ages.
2. Teaching and applying Biblical truth to daily living.
3. Willingness to work cooperatively under the direction of the Senior Pastor, along with other pastoral staff, youth workers, and community youth pastors/leaders.
4. Administration and organization.
IV. AMENDMENT: Individual items in Part II may be modified or changed by mutual agreement between the Pastor and the Governing Board.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to