Worship & Ministry Assistant, Camino Nuevo at Calvary Church
- Posted: 7/23/2013
- Location: Longmont, Colorado
- URL: http://www.calvarylongmont.org
- Hours: 20 hrs per week
To the glory of God, in the cause of the Lord Jesus Christ, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, Calvary Church seeks to be a disciple-making community of:
broken people, being made new in Jesus, overflowing with gratitude and poured out for others.
Job Summary: To serve and support Camino Nuevo (the Hispanic Ministry of Calvary Church) primarily in the areas of Worship and Pastoral Support.
Reports To: Camino Nuevo Pastor
Preferred Qualifications: A graduate of or currently enrolled in a College Degree program (Bible, music, ministry, theology or related field) or equivalent ministry experience.
Terms of Employment: Part-Time (target 20 hours per week)
■■ Worship Ministry
• Encourage a heart for worship in Camino Nuevo under the vision and leadership of the Camino
Nuevo Pastor and in harmony with the worship ministry of Calvary Church and the Worship
• Lead in worship - shepherding and teaching people God’s truths through music and words;
• Recruit, assemble, disciple, train and equip musicians, vocalists, and other artists encouraging and sustaining a team of servant leaders;
• Assist with identifying, developing and mentoring new worship leaders with wisdom and grace;
• Oversee the audio/visual needs of Camino Nuevo, including training of the A/V Team.
■■ Ministry Assistance
• Support Camino Nuevo Pastor in the discipleship process;
• Oversee the Assimilation Team Ministry of Camino Nuevo;
• Assist the Camino Nuevo Pastor with other ministry tasks as time allows.
An ideal candidate would:
• Have a pastoral heart;
• Have the ability for teaching and discipling;
• Be Bilingual - fluent in Spanish and English;
• Be an effective worship and ministry leader with a track record of significant impact;
• Be proficient in one or more lead musical instruments and able to teach others musically.