Lead Pastor at Cedar Mill Bible Church
- Posted: 1/29/2013
- Location: Portland, OR
- URL: http://www.cmbc.org
- Hours: Full time
Lead Pastor Position
To provide pastoral leadership of staff and congregation toward the fulfillment of the vision for Cedar Mill Bible Church, a multi-generational church of 1000 in Portland, Oregon
Qualifications, skills and attitudes
The ideal Lead Pastor will:
• Possess the scriptural qualifications of an elder as described in I Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
• Demonstrate a shepherd's heart, and an authentic, deep love for God's people.
• Be a student of God's Word.
• Have the ability to cast a clear vision, and effectively lead staff and ministry leaders toward that vision.
• Have a proven track record as a pastoral leader in a multi-staff, multi-generational church of over 500 people.
• Own a missional mindset, i.e., a focus on our church bringing God's kingdom to our community rather than building more programs of the church.
• Be an effective and inspirational communicator of the Gospel, both in the pulpit and interpersonally.
• Demonstrate proficiency in prioritizing and delegating tasks.
• Have a commitment to, and be an example for, personal evangelism and discipleship.
• Be effective at mentoring, discipling and coaching people and developing leaders.
• Possess well-developed interpersonal skills; is tactful, approachable, mature and flexible.
• Preferably have obtained a seminary degree.
The ideal lead pastor will:
• Provide visionary, strategic and collaborative leadership to help CMBC fulfill its mission and calling, both in our community and the world, including development of current Hispanic ministry.
• Be a primary voice of the church, both internally and externally. Represent the church well in the community and with other churches on the west side of Portland.
• Develop the teaching series for worship services. Plan and coordinate in collaboration with appropriate staff members.
• As the primary teacher, teach the Word of God with clarity and passion as well as develop and mentor others to form a teaching team.
• Assist in creating a positive, productive work environment for the staff by leading and managing effectively. Provide spiritual and personal nurturing as well as coaching and professional development for each pastoral staff member.
• Participate in providing pastoral care for the congregation, including counseling, weddings, memorial services, hospital visits, etc.
• Actively champion, and participate in the church's mission, including involvement in a CMBC community group.
• Actively promote involvement in global missions.
• Lead by example in Christian disciplines, including time with God, stewardship of personal finances, relationships, and family.
Organizational responsibilities and relationships:
The lead pastor will:
• Report to the Board of Elders.
• Be a member of the Board of Elders.
To Apply: Contact information: Applicants should forward their resume and references via e-mail to the Lead Pastor Search Team at