Church Administration (non-pastoral roles)
- Communication Director
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Posted: 1/28/2014
- Salary/Range: Commensurate with experience
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Denver, CO
Description:Job Description Summary: The Communications Director will manage and coordinate all church communications internally and externally to insure our communications are effective, efficient, accurate, compelling and aligned with our branding. The Communications Director will serve on and work with the Communications Strategic Team. The Communication Director will report directly to the Church Administrator. This is a part time position of 20-25 hrs per week
Printed Material (Internal Communications) 5 hrs per week
● Produce weekly service Bulletin and Bulletins for special service and holidays, including weddings and funerals. Developing an online digital bulletin for worship.
● Produce and coordinate monthly newsletter and eventually transition to electronic format (Mailchimp or Constant Contact)
● Format and layout all printed communication to be in alignment with branding
● Edit printed material
● Produce some written material
Social Media (External Communication) 7 hrs per week
● manage, promote and train in the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google Communities and Google Plus) with in the life of the parish. Integrate social media into the life of the parish and equip parishioners to be the voice of Christ Church through social media.
Web Site (Internal and External Communication) 5 hrs per week
● Manage, Maintain and shape church website (Squarespace) to be in alignment with church branding.
● Integrate “Planning Center” into the Website for ministry scheduling, along with maintenance of Google Calendar.
Internal Communications Technology (7 hrs per week)
● Update, Maintain, expand and manage church database (Logos Software)
● Maintain and manage Church Calendar through Google Calendars
● Maintain and Manage Google Mail account for the church
● Train staff and key leaders on use of technology
● Manage Phone system and messaging
Communications Strategic Team (1 hr per week)
● Serve on the Strategic Communications Team to help shape and define Church brand and integrate into the internal and external communications of the church.
Skills and Competencies
● Multi-Project management experience
● Team development and management
● Knowledge and competency with the following social media and technology
○ Twitter, working knowledge and understanding
○ Facebook, graphic uploading, managing followers
○ Instagram: Manage followers, upload graphics
○ Google: Knowledge of and manage Google Enterprise,
proficient with google calendars, forms and gmail
○ Google Social: Google Communities, and Google Plus
○ Squarespace: knowledge of and proficiency with squarespace software
● Experience in training on technology and social media.
● Experience with brand implementation and graphic design
To Apply: send resume to