- Contemporary Music Leader
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Posted: 1/28/2014
- Salary/Range: $20/hour
- Hours: 10 hours per week
- Denver, CO
Description:Job Description Summary: Christ Church is an evangelical, missional Episcopal church that seeks to love God, love others, and impact the world in Jesus’ name. The Contemporary Music Leader leads the modern music ensemble during the Sunday morning 10:30 service and, on occasion, seasonal and other special services. The person will work under the supervision of the Music Coordinator. This is a part-time position normally consisting of 10 hours per week.
● Lead Modern Music ensemble during Sunday Morning 10:30 a.m. service and, on occasion, seasonal and other special services.
● Recruit and vet musicians and incorporate them into the ensemble.
● Select music for worship that is liturgically appropriate, sensitive to Christ Church’s identity and designed for congregational singing. Selections will be approved by the Christ Church Music Coordinator and communicated in a timely basis to the Communication Director to facilitate accurate bulletins and publications.
● Lead Modern Music mid-week rehearsals and Sunday morning sound checks and impromptu rehearsals.
● Maintain the sanctuary music area, sound equipment, and any instruments used by the modern music ministry and owned by Christ Church.
● Assist in leading all congregational singing and fully participating in the worship liturgy.
● Model spiritual leadership and worship for the modern music ensemble and the congregation.
To Apply: Cover letter, resume, and music sample to