Intern at Christian Center of Park City
- Posted: 1/22/2013
- Location: Park City, UT
- URL: http://www.ccofpc.org/
- Salary/Range: $1,000/month + free room and board through a host-family
- Hours: Full Time
To provide a ministry internship opportunity that offers missional and incarnational service among individuals and families in need, through the programs and services of the Christian Center. There will be four key focus--‐areas of this internship.
1) Food And Backpack Programs: Help meet the food insecurity needs of local school children through our “Food And Backpacks” program in the local schools. Provide over sight, administration and delivery of weekly backpacks to local schools, for students from low--‐income families.
2) Food Pantry Programs: Offer organizational help in order to meet the food insecurity needs of our community through our local food pantry and our mobile food pantry to greater Summit and Wasatch counties. Help oversee, implement and improve our mobile food pantry program to Heber Valley and to Coalville. Provide assistance to other food pantry related programs and services as needed.
3) Goshute Tribe Initiative: Provide leadership, administrative help and implementation of Goshute Tribe Initiative, which includes delivery of “Food And Backpacks” program, mobile food pantry, classes on healthy eating and cooking and helping to develop local community garden which will provide locally grown, healthy food for community.
4) Experience the entirety of the Center’s programs and service: Get involved, provide help and gain experience on all aspects of the Center, including thrift/boutique, food pantry, seasonal specialized programs (including but not limited to back to school basics, hike for hunger, Operation Hope and Tuesday night dinners), and other programs and services that the Center provides.