Sunday Operations Intern at City Church Denver
- Posted: 7/22/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.citychurchdenver.com
- Hours: 5-10 hours per week
The Sunday Operations Intern is responsible, along with the pastoral staff and Consistory, for ensuring that Sunday worship services, classes, etc. operate smoothly. This position requires a regular presence each Sunday and preparation during the week for each Sunday. Weekly hours may increase seasonally (Easter, Christmas, etc.).
• Oversee setup and tear down for weekly
• Oversee and interact with volunteers
running Info Center, prayer team, sound
team, refreshments, nursery, family
ministry, and worship assistants.
• Coordinate with Church Administrator in
advance regarding volunteers.
• Set up and provide supplies for Christian
Education classes as needed.
• Set up and take down signs for worship
service at the Tivoli.
• Purchase supplies for worship: communion
supplies, coffee, plates, napkins, cups, tea,
snacks, sugar, name tags, pens, etc.
• Purchase supplies for nursery: snacks,
• Provide food and coffee for setup team and
other early arrivers.
• Schedule space for worship services on
Sundays when the Tivoli is unavailable.
• Schedule space for special worship services
such as Good Friday, Ash Wednesday,
Christmas Eve, etc.
• Move equipment to and from special service
• Decorate space as needed.
• Purchase extra supplies for special seasons.
• Set up and provide supplies for New
Members/Intro to City Church classes,
Ministry Leadership Training classes, etc.
• Order food and provide supplies for lunch
following the service (parent meetings,
Vision Dinner, etc.).
• Provide food and supplies, coordinate with
hosts, and ensure setup and tear down for
• Help to coordinate plans for annual retreats
in conjunction with the staff and Consistory.
• Opportunity to teach classes, participate in
worship services, etc. will provided based
upon determined needs for experience,
gifting of the intern, and needs of City
• Opportunity to meet with the Senior Pastor
weekly feedback and guidance will be
Candidate must demonstrate a track record of leadership, a willingness to serve others, and a commitment to working both independently and as part of a team to accomplish objectives. Church experience is a plus but not required. Seminary students who are preparing for pastoral ministry are preferred.