Staff Chaplain at Compassion International
- Posted: 11/6/2012
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- URL: http://www.compassion.com/jobs
- Salary/Range: Salary & Benefits
- Hours: Full Time
Delivers pastoral care to support Compassion's employees' spiritual development and wellbeing. Provides confidential listening, prayer, and biblical advice to employees, teams and leadership, as well as offers crisis interventions and debriefings in situations of conflict, stress and trauma. Maintains the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality within legal boundaries.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
• Ministers to employees' spiritual needs through spiritual direction, prayer, listening and biblical advice. Plans and implements reflective, soul care and spiritual formation initiatives through worship opportunities, devotionals, small group forums, training and retreats. Collaborates with others across the ministry to promote holistic spiritual wellbeing.
• Provides leadership and stewardship of Compassion's benevolence fund committees and leave sharing benefits by chairing regular meetings that make financial and other health & wellness resources available to employees in personal crisis.
• Communicates regularly with the Prayer Ministry Program Manager to ensure that employees are informed, mobilized and engaged in corporate and group prayer initiatives. Leads corporate prayer times as needed.
• Facilitates conflict resolution interventions and mediation efforts through one-to-one, team and leadership training forums. Delivers Compassion's Healthy Community conflict management methodology to various employee constituencies. Serves as a conflict-resolution and problem-solving coach and facilitator.
• Guides, coaches and refers employees through times of transition, crisis, stress and change--corporately and personally--demonstrating sensitivity to the dignity and diversity of our global workforce through one-to-one consultations, small group settings and team meetings.
• Refers employees to appropriate internal and external staff care and counseling resources in partnership with our employee assistance provider (EAP) services, prayer groups, mentoring and wellness programs.
• Provides Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) interventions in catastrophic situations and emergencies in coordination with Compassion's Crisis Management Team's efforts.
• Offers staff care services to Compassion employees and immediate family members in hospitals, prisons and treatment centers in the absence of or in coordination with employees' local church pastoral care. Administers ordinances/sacraments and officiates at religious functions as requested.
• Advocates for and provides appropriate interventions that promote employee wellbeing and spiritual development. Serves as a subject-matter expert in the development of spiritual leadership training programs.
Functional Job Competencies
• Evidence of Christian maturity, adherence to sound biblical orthodox doctrine, and demonstrated spiritual leadership experience.
• Proven ability to build effective relationships across multiple global cultures, theological distinctives, and functions at all levels--both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated sound discernment and wisdom in decision-making, conflict resolution and staff relations.
• Excellent verbal, written, public speaking, and cross-cultural communication skills to interact with and influence all levels of staff within Compassion's US-based headquarters and in the Asia, Africa, and Latin America/Caribbean regions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and establish trust.
• Operates with temperance and cultural awareness in the midst of organizational ambiguity and competing interests.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Education: A Bachelor's degree in theology, human resources, social science or related fields required. Master's degree in Theology or Divinity preferred.
• Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in ministry, chaplaincy or counseling required.
• Certifications/Licensing: Ministerial ordination required. Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) certification preferred.
• Other Required Skills: Proficient computer skills, particularly with MS Office, including PowerPoint. Conflict resolution training is preferred.
• Working Environment: Office Environment. Occasional international travel to the developing world with moderate health and safety risk.
• Physical Demands: Occasional availability after office hours for emergencies.
• Travel Requirements: May include up to 15% international travel.
To Apply: : https://rn12.ultipro.com/com1024/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*8DA64553E7519FE6