Children's Ministry Pastor at Denver Community Church
- Posted: 11/14/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.denverchurch.org
- Hours: Full Time
Denver Community Church (DCC) Position Description
Title: Children’s Ministries’ Pastor
Reports to: Spiritual Formation Pastor
Revised as of: November 2013
Function - Develop and implement nursery, toddler, and child (through 5th grade) curriculum and activities during Sunday services at two locations (2nd location beginning September 2014). Continue general philosophy of ministry (corporate creative teaching, break out into small groups for discussion, include worship and creative elements as able). Shepherd and cast vision for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers. Align children’s area with DCC’s mission, vision, practices and future direction. Develop volunteer lay leaders and release them to lead major areas of the Children’s Ministry. Teach parents how to be the primary spiritual voice in the lives of their children.
• Responsible for all elements below for both church sites. Implementation of these will happen directly, through part-time staff person, and volunteers.
• Make disciples in his/her ministry area. Replicate yourself in others through the process of leadership development.
• Organize and manage teacher and volunteer schedule
• Create/Adapt and oversee all weekly curriculum
• Plan, organize, and oversee all Children’s events
• Meet bi-monthly with Nursery Coordinators
• Meet monthly with Teachers
• Meet quarterly with all volunteers
• Work closely with Family Ministries Pastor regarding vision, on-ramps between their areas, communication, philosophy of ministry and general future direction
• Update all policies and procedures and communicate these to volunteers
• Ensure safety of children by managing all background checks and safety precautions (First Aid, cleaning policies, and maintenance).
• Oversee communication to the larger congregation (announcements, website updates)
• Oversee all physical space, appearance and cleanliness of all children’s rooms and supplies.
• Participant on the Ministry Team (membership at DCC)
• Participate in a smaller group (Small Group, Huddle, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
• A relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior
• Beliefs consistent with DCC’s “Our Story” (Statement of Faith)
• A passion for people; holding high the practice of Journeying together at DCC
• Is supportive and loyal to staff members and the faith community
• Exhibits a spirit of cooperation, teamwork and teach-ability
• Maintains a healthy sense of humor
• Responsible self-management that reveals genuine servant-hood, faith-centeredness, and spiritual stability
• Basic to intermediate computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Publisher, Adobe, Church Community Builder, etc.
• Fulfillment of the Biblical qualifications of Elder
• Ability to attract and retain volunteers, work well with teams
• Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks concurrently as needed
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, and manage people, especially volunteers
• Knowledge of, passion for and experience in the use of art for the church
• Demonstrated ability to interact with and inspire artists
• Minimum of 5 years overseeing Children’s Ministry in a church context
• Minimum of 5 years experience developing leaders
• College degree or equivalent work experience
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
If you feel you are qualified and would like to apply, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver Community Church
1101 S. Washington Street
Denver, CO 80210