- Case Manager
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Posted: 8/13/2014
- Salary/Range: $35K - $36K
- Hours: Full-time
- Denver, CO
Description:The Case Manager (CM) of the Transitional Housing Program (THP) is an exempt position of the Denver Rescue Mission (DRM) and must hold to the doctrine and Constitution/By-Laws of the Denver Rescue Mission.
The CM must be willing to sign and adhere to the DRM Statement of Faith.
The CM should be someone who takes initiative, can multi-task, and is able to manage a large caseload. The CM provides assessments, assignments, and accountabilities to families in our program. The CM reports directly to the THP Senior Case Manager (SCM) and will have the following responsibilities:
A. Assist with the administration of THP intake meetings.
B. Assure all in-coming THP calls are given timely attention.
C. Coordinate and maintain the completion of assigned case assessment meetings for adult residents.
• Administration of all case assessment information both as hard copies and in the database
• Assign and administrate life skills workshop requirements for your assigned residents
• Perform data entry of housing and food vouchers for resident cases
• Maintain the structures and requirements of the THP and provide disciplinary action for residents who do not comply with the program
• Review and respond appropriately to your residents Incident Reports
• Oversee individual case files to ensure progress through THP steps
• Maintain call log for all in-coming calls and messages
• Maintain high standard of confidentiality when dealing with clients and client records
• Be clear about the program requirements and qualifications
D. Administration of all case assessment information both as hard copies and in the SCRIBE database
E. Maintain and assist with database development
F. Administer intake as needed:
• See that all in-coming calls are given timely attention
• Participate in agency and service provider visitations and community relationships
• Contact service provider agencies and other community relations to promote the THP and enter visits into SCRIBE
• Provide referrals and resource information for residents to other agencies/ministries
• Maintain the intake waitlist and call clients when rooms are available
G. Coordinator the weekly orientation meeting.
H. Attend weekly team meetings with the Senior case management.
II. Administrative Responsibilities
A. Maintain and assist with database entry and development
B. Facilitate resident usage of the LEC
C. Assist coordination of workshops
D. Assist in training, oversight and development of interns and volunteers
III. THP/STAR Office Procedures and Work Protocol
A. Provide a professional and compassionate Christian witness to all clients including prayer and sharing the Good News of Christ
B. Maintain high standard of confidentiality when dealing with clients and client records
C. Personal appearance and clothing should be clean and professional
D. Maintain a neat, clean and organized office and desk
E. Provide a respectful and considerate relationship with each client regardless of race, gender, age, appearance or circumstances
F. Maintain a clear understanding about the program requirements and qualifications
G. Clearly outline and define each step of the program
H. If denying a family, state clearly and calmly that the client is denied according to the program
(1) BA degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field of endeavor with preference given to BSW or MSW degree.
(2) 1-3 years of experience in case management.
(3) Ability to perform BA’s/UA’s for female residents (requires a female case manager).
(4) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
(5) Knowledge of case assessment and referral procedures.
(6) Ability to work in a stressful environment including high volume of clients who are homeless or struggling due to personal circumstances.
(7) Strong commitment to serving needy families by supporting them through prayer and Biblical direction.
(8) Good interpersonal skills with ability to be respectful and courteous to clients and co-workers at all times.
To Apply: Send resume to