SPORTS MINISTRY DIRECTOR - CHURCH PLANTER at e3 Partners Ministry
- Posted: 7/5/2013
- Location: Colorado Spring, CO
- URL: http://www.e3partners.org
- Salary/Range: Based on skills
- Hours: Full-time & requires development of donor funding for compensation
SPORTS MINISTRY DIRECTOR - CHURCH PLANTER
FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
e3 Partners Ministry is based in Plano, TX but is seeking a strong leader to serve as Sports Ministry Director, preferrably based in the Colorado Springs area or in greater Colorado.
This role requires someone with a heart for Sports and the vision to see it and use it as a vehicle to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world planting and multiply churches.
e3 Partners Ministry is working in over 35 countries and desires to use many different tools, including sports to help equip nationals in various countries to build relationships, see communities transformed, and plant lasting multiplying churches.
The Sports Ministry Director is a faith-based position serving the e3 SportReach Team and many e3 Strategy Teams using their sports networks to mobilize common athletes to serve and equip nationals abroad. The new Director will have a strong team of e3 Veteran Staff to walk alongside, coupled with a growing team of new staff. This role will be expected to lead 3-5 expeditions each year while continuing to move the vision forward at a team level, and maintain in-country relationships that further church planting movements within the country strategies. This is an exciting and challenging position and there are many rewards as we follow Christ to the ends of the earth and see His Kingdom expand.
This position should be a ‘ministry’ of the heart for the person holding this role, and a team player that is motivated by ‘God’s Call’ to be a servant leader and reach the unreached; for it is written; “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,” COL 3:23 (NIV)
The e3SportReach Director is the team leader that will serve the country teams in utilizing sports as a compassion ministry that assists in the multiplication of churches within many regions of the world. The Director will work closely with Specialty Ministry Directors and/US/Strategy Team Directors to develop sports initiatives in new countries, raise up and train national leadership in sports, and build annual strategic plans and budgets. You will develop and present strategic proposals for effectively implementing sports church planting into the country’s strategic vision, locate financial, prayer, mission trip and other partners to carry out strategic plans; and maintain and encourage a strong leadership team incorporating best practices and innovative approaches/initiatives to increase ministry effectiveness in multiple regions.
• Be a leader in prayer and display a personal walk with Christ that exudes servant leadership and submission to God’s Kingdom desire for self and the team.
• Coach, support and provide leadership to the e3SportReach members to meet or exceed all ministry and financial goals and objectives in all annual and long-term strategic plans.
• Lead 3-5 multi-region sports ministry component expeditions (church planting trips) annually.
• Work with e3 SportReach Team in Assessment, Strategy, Training and Leadership (ASTL) for the regions e3SR is currently supporting and may support in the future.
• Have a heart and focus towards reaching unreached people groups, helping them to establish multiplying churches, showing love that impacts local communities and encouraging them to reach to their nation and beyond.
• Meet monthly with Specialty Ministry Directors and leaders to collectively explore best ways to serve e3 and country strategies.
• Prayerfully set annual SportReach and team development goals for the group.
• Train and guide trip participants coaching them in the use of sports ministry techniques.
• Utilize current and build new sports networks, church relationships, and new partnerships to effectively mobilize laborers in support of the strategic vision.
• Systematically cultivate long term, collaborative, strategic relationships with selected individuals, churches, ministries and other organizations to partner with e3.
• Recruit, train, and evaluate team member progress toward achieving the SportReach /e3 goals.
• Oversee the active SportReach Regions and help set trips on the calendar to meet worldwide needs.
• Provide oversight and conduct annual performance evaluations of SportReach team members.
• Work with the e3 Director of Development to acquire the financial resources needed to carry out the team strategy.
• Develop innovative solutions for providing training, resources, and ‘catalyst expeditions’ purposed toward the goal of establishing multiplying churches into regions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must achieve certification by e3 as a Church Planter II (during initial training)
• Must participate in at least 3 e3 church planting mission trips with a sports component prior to full Director-role responsibilities.
• Willing and able to raise personal funds while also raising SportReach financial funds, recruiting laborers for the harvest and developing other resources needed to accomplish the e3SportReach strategy.
• Has an extensive network in the sports community along with church partnerships that can result in mobilization of laborers for future expeditions.
• Extensive sports background and talents in training others and providing in-country training for expeditions.
• Ability to mentor, coach and encourage team members and help them to align to multiple country strategies throughout the world. Disciple that makes Disciples.
• Being completely surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
• Bearing witness of Christian character in daily life by biblical definition
• Being a member in good standing of a local church
• Agreement with the e3 Partners Doctrinal Statement
• Full-time role paid through partner/donor funding (the staff member developing partner relationships to provide donations to a support account for compensation)
• JOB LOCATION: Preference for this role is to be based in Colorado Springs Area or greater Colorado, but will consider others out-of-state if an excellent background fit for the role
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com , subject line: SportReach Director
• Please tell us in your response on what site you saw our posting