Faith Partnership Intern at Emergency Family Assistance Association
- Posted: 8/27/2013
- Location: Boulder, CO
- URL: http://efaa.org
- Salary/Range: Unpaid
- Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Title: Faith Communities Partnership Intern
Program: Development Department
Supervisor: Executive Director
Emergency Family Assistance Association seeks an outgoing and highly motivated individual to
engage faith based communities in a variety of partnerships designed to support the mission of
the organization, while promoting further engagement between the faith-based community in
Boulder and EFAA.
Our new Faith Communities Partnership Intern will work closely with the Development Team in
their efforts to grow and manage relationships with different faith groups in Boulder. This is an
unpaid internship with the opportunity to gain extensive experience. This position is for 8 to 10
hours a week for the academic year.
Our ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to exceed partnership goals through growth
of current relationships, and establishing new relationships. Success in this position requires
excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills. The candidate must be articulate,
friendly, creative, organized, work independently, and excel in presentation skills. A knowledge
of, and interest in, faith communities, community engagement, poverty, education and advocacy
• Generate lists of potential Faith Community Partners using established networks as well
• Research all relevant information about organizations in order to approach them with an
appropriate proposal for partnership.
• Work with Community Partners to establish reliable contacts, generate resource lists
(including volunteers, community outreach budget, and educational opportunities), and
develop sustainable, long-term partnerships.
• Assist the development team and governing board with developing and implementing a
successful Faith Communities Partnership development strategy.
• Perform follow-up on partnership, including thanking organizations, obtaining photos &
photo release forms, reporting on total dollars/food raised or other partnership results.
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with all necessary departments to ensure
donations are generated and processed efficiently to achieve partnership satisfaction.
• Work with EFAA staff as needed to coordinate logistics for Partners (i.e., 20/20 Food
& Fund Drive, volunteer day for Partner staff, support for Holiday Food Basket, shelter
• Representing Marketplace Missions in the most positive light as you serve as the voice of
• Perform other responsibilities as needed.
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
• Career interest in working with Faith-Based Development.
• Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles.
• Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and on a team, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize work while working under multiple deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Must demonstrate Marketplace Missions Core Values: Trust, Respect, Integrity,
Accountability, Teamwork, and Service.
• Substantial experience presenting information to small and large groups.
• Knowledge of and interest in wide range of poverty issues and trends.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, and internet research skills.
• Occasional work in the evening or on weekends may be necessary
• High degree of personal motivation, self-management and detail-orientation.
Interns participate in eight mandatory gatherings:
• Kick-off session
• Orientation and training
• 3 Learning Workshops
• 1 Friday-Saturday retreat
• Networking event
• Closing session
• While specific topics are to be determined, Learning Workshops and the retreat will
explore the themes of community leadership, racial equity, social justice, poverty and
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Shalon Atwood email@example.com and fill out a
volunteer application at www.efaa.org. Call 303-951-7663 with any questions.
Emergency Family Assistance Association is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover letter to Shalon Atwood, Volunteer Coordinator: