Pastor of Discipleship and Community Life || Teaching Team at Engedi Church
- Posted: 2/13/2013
- Location: Holland, MI
- URL: http://www.engedichurch.com
- Salary/Range: $45,000 +/- $5k (based on experience)
- Hours: Full-time
To lead Engedi towards the furthering of God’s kingdom though gospel-centered missional communities and to design strategies that help to generate disciples who generate disciples within our community.
Skills and Qualifications
• Deeply committed follower of Jesus
• Affirms Engedi’s core beliefs, mission, values and life practices by word and example
• Deeply passionate about diversity in the local church
• Experience with teaching and vision casting to a large audience
• Effective administrative skills – including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning and effectively manage ministry and personal schedules
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Strong gift of leadership and proven experience of developing leaders of leaders
• Proven ability to recruit, develop and communicate with volunteers
• Aligns with Engedi’s vision to connect with people of varying ethnic and economic backgrounds
• Team player – humble, willing to defer to others, supportive of other Engedi ministries
• Is a partner of Engedi or is willing to become one upon joining staff
• Is in a CABLE (small) group or is willing to become a part of one upon joining staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This person’s main responsibility will be to help create sub-communities within Engedi that are relationally intentional, gospel focused, and missionally minded. To assist in this, a significant part of their role will also be to develop and equip group leaders.
• Recruit and train CABLE (small) group and connection group leaders
• Hold quarterly CABLE group leader meetings for the purpose of encouragement, motivation, fellowship and equipping
• Ensure there is ample opportunity given for people to get connected into community
• Meet individually with CABLE group leaders throughout the year for the purpose of personal care, prayer and conflict resolution
• Teach up to 20 times per year at Sunday morning gatherings.
• Develop and implement a holistic discipleship plan
• Develop venues and resources that serve as a pathway toward spiritual maturity
• Serve as the point person for Think Tank (adult education) classes
• Work with the Community Life coordinator to oversee the organization and facilitation of the Front Door class and the partnership (membership) process.
• Participate in all staff meetings, events and functions
• Participate in directors meetings
• Full time position which includes benefits, retirement plan, vacation and personal leave days, and cell phone reimbursement
Engedi Church is a young, passionate and missional community of 800-900 people who are committed to loving and serving God, our neighbors and the world. We preach the gospel, and we do our best to live it out. Since our inception in 2005, Engedi Church’s mission has been to advance the Kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide. We have identified five core values we believe mark the advance of Jesus’ Kingdom in our midst. Additionally, our community strives to live out five life practices that embody these values (see engedichurch.com).
We believe God’s original dream for creation was to create a community of people who experience complete wholeness of mind, body, emotions and soul in Him, and deep, meaningful and diverse relationships with each other. Jesus began His ministry by announcing He had come to bring good news to the poor, to release the oppressed and to free the imprisoned. He called the experience of these realities living in the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is an ever-expanding reality of those who are experiencing the restoration of what was lost at the Fall – harmony with God, within ourselves and within our relationships – all through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. While full restoration won’t occur until His return, Jesus invites us to both experience and extend restoration in the now. This is why Engedi exists.
Because of the tremendous growth Engedi has experienced over the past four years, Engedi is currently in the process of renovating a former Kmart facility which we anticipate occupying in the fall of 2013. As we continue growing and seeing increasing numbers of people come to know Christ, our hope is to develop both inwardly and outwardly. We will continue to disciple our community in such a way that their lives are centered on the gospel. And flowing out of this inward change, we will continue to help as many people as possible begin to make a difference in our community and world. Our belief is that a spiritually healthy, gospel-centered church should place significant emphasis on making the world a better place.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume and if possible, a link to an audio and/or video teaching sample to Josh Blom // firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Send resume to