Executive Director/Pastor at Faith Community Church of Hopkinton
- Posted: 7/22/2013
- Location: Hopkinton, MA
- URL: http://www.fcch.org
- Hours: Full Time
Faith Community Church of Hopkinton, MA is a thriving, non-denominational evangelical Christian church with a weekend attendance of 1000 with a commitment to seeing lives transformed through Jesus Christ. Our desire is to guide people to a deeper relationship with Christ and a greater love for others.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR / PASTOR
The Executive Director/Pastor brings a background in business, similar to a Chief Operating Officer, with great faith in Jesus’ supernatural role in building His church.
The Executive Director/Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff, implementing all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes outreach, worship arts, pastoral care, spiritual growth, student ministry, children’s ministry and the preschool areas as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and operations. The role of an effective Executive Director/Pastor is threefold: serve Jesus, serve the church, and serve the Lead Pastor. The Executive Director/Pastor oversees the other church staff in their business related job duties and manages the financial and day-to-day operations of the church. This plays out in a number of ways:
As the Executive Director/Pastor:
• Serve the Lead Pastor in such a way that allows the Lead Pastor to work within his strengths and humbly complements his weaknesses. The Executive Director/Pastor is not a successor or a Lead Pastor-in-training.
• In partnership with the Lead Pastor, organize the church’s greatest resource for mission: people. The Executive Director/Pastor focuses on the entire staff to align people with priorities.
Execute Strategic Plan in Ministry and Finance
• Serve on the Board of Elders as a non-voting member of the Board and fulfill the Executive Director/Pastor responsibilities outlined in the Faith Community Church Bylaws.
• Support the Lead Pastor and accomplish delegated responsibilities related to implementing the church’s mission through evaluating, planning and directing overall ministry, administrative and operational functions.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Ministry Council and lead the executive ministry staff in the accomplishment of goals consistent with the church’s mission, direction and priorities.
• Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of two to three year goals
• Champion the development of infrastructure by ministry and support areas to support healthy, long-term growth of the church.
Manage Daily Operations
• Fulfill bylaw requirements and coordinate and oversee the operational and administrative functions of the church to ensure business effectiveness and continuous improvement. These areas include; facilities and grounds; information technology; finance and business affairs and contracts; public relations; employee benefits and human resources development, review and maintenance of related policies and procedures and such special projects as directed by the Lead Pastor.
• Schedule the annual business and election meetings and appoint a qualified moderator for all duly called business meetings.
• Ensure the operational readiness and required compliance of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, marketing, communications, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
• Lead capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
• Establish, maintain, monitor results and oversee corrective action on key performance measures (KPMs) or metrics that provide the Lead Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
Build and Enhance Effectiveness of Teams
• Embed the importance of establishing, staffing, equipping and managing teams of ministry partners and empowering these teams to carry out their ministry “win” / goals.
• Coach directors and pastors to be effective team leaders and team builders.
• Use a biblical perspective to assist in problem solving.
• Conduct annual evaluation and mentor pastors and directors.
• Hire and dismiss staff as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in business-related field required, Master’s in Organizational Development, Business Administration preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years as a member of an executive team in the business sector.
• Willing to fulfill the duties required of Faith Community Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
• Demonstration of humility, discretion, perseverance, patience, sense of humor, team spirit, and caring.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Strong administrative and organizational skills as a builder of strategies and establisher of systems.
• Strategic thinking and the ability to define and implement plans and focus on details.
• Proficiency in implementing a continuous improvement strategy.
• Professional-level skills in managing people, programs and finances.
• Able to recruit and lead volunteer teams.
• Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations (strong teaching, coaching and equipping skills).
Contact Rita Knox, Office Coordinator, 508.435.5900x16 or Rita@fcch.org. A resume is required.