Youth Pastor at Faith Presbyterian Church
- Posted: 2/12/2014
- Location: Aurora, CO
- URL: http://www.faithpc.org/about
- Hours: Full Time
Faith Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Aurora, Colorado is looking for a full-time Youth Director. The position includes oversight of grades 6-12 in addition to college age ministry needs that arise. Faith Church is looking for someone who is passionate about reaching unchurched youth as well as teaching and grounding lifetime churchgoing youth in their faith. Applicants are expected to align with both Faith Church’s and the EPC’s beliefs and doctrinal statements (http://www.faithpc.org/about and http://epc.org/about-the-epc/beliefs/).
Faith Church is a multi-generational church celebrating its 51st year of ministry in a part of Aurora, Colorado that has seen dramatic changes to the socio-economic demographic in its lifetime as a congregation. We are looking for a motivated, outgoing, and self-sufficient person with a passion for youth ministry in a very diverse part of the city. Some experience is required with junior high and high school students, as well as some multi-cultural experience as Faith Church is a hub for many international congregations. The ideal candidate has both a passion for teaching youth as well as a passion for evangelism to unchurched students. Strong teaching gifts are required as the youth pastor may be called upon to preach in main worship services. An ability to work well with the church staff and Children’s ministry personnel as well as interact with a direct supervisor is required. We desire the youth to have a faith that is their own, separate from their parents or friends; preparing them for a lifetime of following Christ.
- Preparing, studying, and teaching weekly lessons on Sunday Mornings
- Leading worship or organizing worship volunteers Sunday Mornings
- Organizing weekly youth group meetings on Wednesdays nights
- Preparing interactive, inclusive lessons on Wednesday nights
- Meeting with students outside of the Church environment to disciple and mentor
- Planning events throughout the year off campus, missions, outreach, and evangelistic in nature
- Organizing and leading a team of volunteers various events and fundraisers
- Strong leadership gifts and ability to plan events from top to bottom
- Fundraise and manage youth ministry budget and costs
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Bible Degree
- Full-Time position
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with families and church as a whole to foster a multi-generational faith environment
- Flexibility and creativity to continue to reach out and disciple students in an increasingly secular world
- Willingness to participate in the Contemporary Service and engage in mentoring relationships with Young Adults
- Maintain office hours at the church and participate as a full-time staff member
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org