Senior Pastor at First Baptist Church of Elmhurst (ELMchurch)
- Posted: 7/22/2013
- Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
- URL: http://www.elmchurch.org
- Hours: Full Time
As the leader of our church, the new senior pastor will face a wide range of challenges. He will need to be a godly man with well-rounded experience, have a good balance of gifts and skills, and be a superb judge of character. We recognize, however, he cannot nor does he have to be all things to all people.
The following pastoral profile is based on congregational feedback via a survey, meetings with small groups, input from a congregational meeting, and the judgment of the Pastoral Search Team.
Education and Experience:
• Education – The community we serve would dictate that a minimum of a master’s degree related to serving as a pastor is preferred.
• Experience – It is important that our next pastor have prior experience as either a senior pastor or an associate pastor. Non-church work experience would be viewed positively.
• Ability to relate to all age groups both inside and outside the church.
• Demonstrated preaching and teaching ability; effective communicator.
• Effective interpersonal communicator with the ability to motivate and lead others.
• Good understanding of current culture. Ability to relate biblical teaching to the “real” world. Awareness of what is relevant to the surrounding community.
• Ability to help people develop right relationships with God and others.
• Demonstrated ability to disciple others.
• Can recruit and equip others for ministry; can recognize gifts of people and nurture those gifts.
• A good balance of general pastoral skills, with emphasis on shepherding and equipping.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through a participative style.
• Spiritual example – His life is a model of what the Christian life is like and how it can be best lived.
• Heart for God, with a deep desire to live for Christ.
• Love for God’s Word and strong devotional life.
• Friendly, warm, relational.
• Exhibits energy and enthusiasm.
• Is both inspirational and an encourager.
To Apply: Send resume to