- Senior Pastor
- First Baptist Church of Glenwood, MN
- Posted: 12/9/2013
- Hours: Full Time
- Glenwood, MN
Description:Community Description: First Baptist Church is in the small, rural community of Glenwood, MN, which has a population of about 2500. Glenwood is in West-Central Minnesota, 20 miles south of Alexandria, MN (population 11,000), and about 100 miles west of Minneapolis, MN.
Church Size: 50 plus attenders (all age groups represented)
Pastoral Verse: 2 Timothy 4:2-5
“Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage – with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”
Primary Objective of Position:
To shepherd the people of First Baptist Church by boldly preaching, teaching and praying from the Word of God.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• The Pastor shall lead the public services of worship, preaching the Word of God with boldness and conviction, applying God’s truth to the needs of the church body, the community and the world. A high priority must be placed on time spent for message preparation.
• The Pastor shall be dedicated to being an example in worship and prayer.
• The Pastor shall accept an active role in interpreting and teaching the scriptures and have theological convictions as defined by our statement of faith.
• The Pastor will provide instruction for potential leaders, church officers, educational leaders, and new members on different opportunities for church service.
• The Pastor shall support missions, domestic and world-wide according to Mark 16:15.
• The Pastor shall exhibit concern for the needs of the community and encourage the body of Christ to meet those needs.
• The Pastor shall accept appropriate administrative responsibilities, delegating tasks and sharing the responsibility of leadership with the deacon board. He will encourage volunteers and professional staff to use their gifts and skills for the glory of God.
• The Pastor, along with the deacon board, shall identify the needs of the church body, and develop solutions to meet those needs.
• The Pastor shall be encouraged to be involved in interfaith and community activities such as “Pope County Ministerial Association” as long as these associations do not contradict the truths in God’s Word.
• The Pastor shall be mindful that our congregation is independent and will use the Minnesota/Iowa Baptist Conference as a resource, when appropriate.
• The Pastor shall provide Biblical counsel that assists those in and outside the church, and make appropriate referrals, when necessary.
• The Pastor, along with the Deacon and Deaconess Boards, will participate in visitation of the entire church body, with special attention placed on prospective members and those with special needs.
• The Pastor will visit those in the hospital and in emergency situations using prayer, encouragement and Biblical counsel. He will keep the Deacon Board informed of crisis situations within the church body.
• The Pastor shall be allowed time for continuing education, equivalent to two weeks per year, for spiritual, professional and personal enrichment.
• The Pastor shall be an ex-officio member of all boards and committees and shall perform such duties as shall be delegated and accepted by him in connection with the work of the committee.
• The Pastor shall submit a Pastor's Report to the church at every business meeting.
To Apply: email@example.com