Family Ministry Associate at First Baptist Church
- Posted: 12/3/2013
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- URL: http://fbcminneapolis.org
- Hours: 30 hours per week
JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Ministry Associate
DEPARTMENT: Ministry Staff
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Pastor
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
DATE: December 2013
STATUS Part Time (30 Hours)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
To work with the Family Ministry Pastor to recruit, train and work with lay leaders to disciple children and youth.
First Baptist Church is located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Our church community of about 350 is a diverse group of people living in the city of Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs. The staff consists of four ministry leaders and one business manager, responsible for the building maintenance team. Staff and members are committed to growing in their relationship with God through worship, community and outreach.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• To have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• To regularly articulate that relationship.
• To agree with the statement of faith and discipleship process of First Baptist Church.
• To have a desire for personal spiritual growth and accountability.
• To be a role model in all areas to lay volunteers and children.
• To work with the Family Ministry Pastor to build strong discipleship relationships with kids, parents and volunteers.
• To work with the Family Ministry Pastor to recruit, train and coordinate volunteers for the Sunday morning programs for children birth through sixth grade during the Sunday School hour and the worship service.
• To work with the Family Ministry Pastor to recruit, train and coordinate volunteers for the Wednesday nursery.
• To work with the Family Ministry Pastor to arrange child-care for special events.
• To work in association with the Family Ministry Pastor in the following areas.
o Parent communication
o Student communication
o Procure lay applications for children and youth volunteers
o Curriculum selection and purchasing
o Children’s summer outreach planning and execution
o Volunteer recruitment and training
• Education or experience with child development.
• Education and experience in Bible teaching and Biblical studies.
• Experience in training both adults and teens.
• Experience in ministry administration and recruiting.
To apply, send resume to Matt Clausen, Senior Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org.) Please visit our website at www.fbcminneapolis.org for more information about the church.
To Apply: Send resume to