- Worship Pastor
- First Baptist Church
- Posted: 8/11/2014
- Hours: part time/28 hours per week
- Minneapolis, MN
Description:PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
To oversee the planning and implementation of worship services at First Baptist Church
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and regularly articulate that relationship.
• Agree with the statement of faith and discipleship process of First Baptist Church.
• Have a desire for spiritual growth, accountability and corporate worship.
• Be a role model in all areas to lay volunteers and children and youth.
Plan the Worship Service
• Work with the Senior Pastor and other leaders to plan weekly worship service elements to help people meet with God.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to plan any special services or seasonal services.
• Select all worship music for the worship service.
• Coordinate/Oversee the weekly and seasonal environment/décor of the sanctuary.
Implement the Worship Service
• Lead worship team rehearsals, preparing the team to lead the congregation musically.
• Lead the worship team as they facilitate musical praise for the congregation.
• Communicate with all participants in the service ahead of time so that they know their role in the service and the details involved in that role.
• Coordinate the after service prayer team.
• Recruit and oversee the worship team that leads music on Sunday mornings.
• Recruit and oversee a team of staff and volunteers that help to plan all special elements and artwork that go with specific sermon series.
• Oversee the Audio Visual team and coordinate A.V. for special events.
• Experience leading worship teams.
• Experience planning and implementing worship services.
• Experience recruiting and training team members.
• Experience with presentation and organization software (e.g. ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc.)
• Musical training that will facilitate the growth and blending of lay musicians.
To Apply: Please send resumes to the church’s Business Manager, Susan Jensen, at