Minister to Children at First Baptist Longview
- Posted: 11/11/2013
- Location: Longview, TX
- URL: http://www.fbcl.org
- Hours: Full Time
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
MINISTER TO CHILDREN
Responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive program of Christian growth and education for children (birth through 6th Grade). This person consults with other staff and program leaders concerning activities in their areas when the children of the church are involved.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Must be familiar with and experienced in leading a variety of types of ministries for children. Needs the ability to plan, organize and oversee programs and events for children and must have training in the spiritual, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children. Must have the ability to train leaders for ministry to children. A graduate of a recognized seminary or university is preferred, but not required.
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
1. Survey the needs and consider the areas of concern to be included in a ministry to children; recommend major ministry options to the Executive Pastor.
2. Plan, organize, conduct and evaluate a ministry to enhance children’s worship experiences.
3. Enlist and train children’s ministry workers.
4. Prepare budget recommendations as appropriate and administer according to church policy.
5. Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations governing children, personnel, property and insurance liability.
6. Plan, organize and lead in the training of workers in a comprehensive program of child safety and child abuse awareness, prevention and action.
7. Oversee Special Education ministry.
8. Participate fully in church-wide events and serve as a reliable team player.
9. Remain spiritually sensitive to the Holy Spirit through prayer and Bible study in order to lead by right example, endeavoring to instill Biblical truths and spiritual values in others.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Resumes are being accepted for this position until it is filled. Please submit your resume via email to:
Kay Taylor Wilson
Applicants will be made aware of the fact that their resumes were received and the final decision as the process progresses. A sub team of seven individuals in conjunction with the senior pastor and executive pastor will make their final recommendation to the Personnel Committee and the church body. Please visit www.fbcl.org for more information on the church.
To Apply: Kay Taylor: