Lead Musician at First Christian Reformed Church
- Posted: 10/1/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.firstcrcdenver.org
- Salary/Range: $150 per week
- Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week. Some flexibility will be required during holidays.
The First Christian Reformed Church of Denver Colorado is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Lead Musician. The Lead Musician is tasked with organizing and recruiting volunteer musicians and providing confident musical leadership for the gathered congregation during Sunday morning worship services.
About First CRC:
First CRC is a mid-sized congregation (approximately 250-300 people) whose members are scattered throughout the Denver metro area but gather each Sunday for worship in Denver’s Platt Park neighborhood. We have a rich and proud tradition of worship that is both reverent and exuberant. One of the core components our worship is our music, which includes an eclectic blend of songs ranging from new and traditional hymns to choruses from around the globe to the latest Christian Contemporary hits. We value worship that is rooted in ancient patterns, uses the gifts of our members, and which reflects the needs of our intergenerational family as well as our place within the global body of believers.
• Organize and lead rehearsals for volunteer musicians.
• Recruit additional volunteer musicians.
• Be available to consult with Worship Coordinator regarding musical arrangements. (Note: the Lead Musician is not responsible for planning services at this time.)
• Provide confident musical leadership for the gathered worshiping congregation in a way that enhances engagement and enthusiasm.
• Facilitate appropriate opportunities for spiritual formation for those working in his/her ministry area.
• Coordinate the preparation of Power Points for use in worship services.
• Oversee maintenance of sanctuary sound system and training of sound technicians.
• Maintain music files.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate:
• Commitment to Christ and his Church and a growing relationship with his/her heavenly Father.
• Committed to the Worship Values of First CRC and familiarity with the shape of Reformed Worship (or a willingness to learn.)
• Musically Competent: ability to lead with voice and at least one instrument (ideally piano or guitar) and familiarity with appropriate musical theory (ability to read music, create charts etc.)
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
Length of Commitment:
Because First CRC is currently in a time of staff transition, we are currently able to commit only to a six month position. There is the possibility that this position will be extended.
To Apply: Email resume to