From the President's Office, please pray for:
- A productive and fruitful conversation with our accrediting teams that are visiting in the month of February.
- Dr. Mark and Priscilla Young, that God will open many opportunities to share the mission of Denver Seminary and encourage others to step out in faith and become a part of what God is doing here.
From Advancement, please pray for:
- That God would provide as we have applied for five grant or foundation requests for our Growth Initiative and Minority Advancement Initiative.
- Melanie Wenig as she is leaving Advancement to begin a new career in early childhood education. Pray for God's blessing on her and for Advancement during this transition period.
From Educational Programs, please pray for:
- Final preparations for the two reaccreditation site visits that will take place February 12-15 and 20-23. Pray for safe travel for the two teams of visitors who will be coming to Denver from around the country, and for the visits themselves, that the examiners will gain an accurate understanding of the seminary and provide us with a fair and helpful evaluation.
From African American Initiative (AAI), please pray for:
- Eddie Mae and Bob Woolfolk to stay healthy. Pray for us to be helpful to our senior relatives, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- Frieda Craig to facilitate with AAI and VGI effectively.
- The AAI Performance Plan to bring more students and better service.
- The leaders in the ministry to stay healthy.
- The various events happening in conjunction with Black History Month.
From Student Life, please pray for:
- The Lord to provide wisdom as the search for a new Dean of Students is underway;
- New students to establish a healthy, rhythmic balance between family, studies, and work that allows them to function well in all three areas;
- New on-campus residents to establish edifying relationships with their neighbors and that the Lord protect them from feelings of homesickness;
- God to provide boldness to students who have needs so they can approach us with their requests for help;
- Our general student body to experience clear direction from God regarding their vocational calling;
Counseling Division, please pray for:
- Continued prayer for Shepherd’s Gate Counseling clinic: for our clients, student counselors, supervisors and staff. The Lord has done amazing work through this ministry for many years and we pray that this outreach to our community, and training opportunity for our students, continues to be positive and bear much fruit!
- Strength for the faculty to teach and minister well to students this semester.
- The faculty and staff as they move through the varied tasks and challenges of CACREP, NCA and ATS re-accreditations.
- New students as they begin their education; and for continuing students to be diligent to work hard in their studies.
- Our soon to graduate students that they may finish well, and that they will find jobs and ministry positions in their chosen fields.