Elementary Teacher at Front Range Christian School
- Posted: 3/6/2013
- Location: Littleton, CO
- URL: http://www.frcs.org
- Hours: Full Time
Front Range Christian School in Littleton, Colorado, is seeking applicants for potential teachers in 1st and 5th grades with possible openings in other K-6 classrooms. Qualified candidates will have the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or education-related field and at least two years of teaching experience. A Colorado State Teaching License is preferred but not required. Candidates will be active and passionate followers of Christ and have a calling to serve Christ in the classroom. The qualified applicant will possess the following:
* Effective classroom management skills with consistent and compassionate enforcement of established school-wide expectations for behavior and conduct.
* Ability to prepare lesson plans, materials and media to support instruction based on established curriculum scope and sequence.
* Desire to instruct students individually and in groups, using a variety of teaching methods, strategies and technologies. This includes the use of Apple technology (specifically the iPad) and Lexia Reading web-based literacy software.
* Skills to observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social and spiritual development, physical health and plan instruction accordingly. Is able to adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
* Willingness to meet and communicate regularly with parents by phone, email and in person.
* Passion to integrate a biblical worldview throughout all core subject instruction.
* Enthusiasm in planning outside instructional opportunities (e.g., field trips, guest experts) to enhance learning.
* Ability to teach students to think and ability to plan instruction based on higher order thinking. Plans instruction in order to engage all students through inquiry, observation, examination, questioning and demonstration.
* A desire for lifelong learning with a humble, teachable spirit, able to receive constructive feedback and pursue personal excellence in instruction.
* A willingness to participate in and contribute to a cohesive K-12 instructional emphasis (scope and sequence) through regular interaction with junior and senior high school teachers.
To Apply: If you are interested in finding out whether or not you might be a good fit for Front Range Christian School, please send your resume and cover letter to