K-6 Art Teacher at Front Range Christian School
- Posted: 3/13/2013
- Location: Littleton, CO
- URL: http://www.frcs.org
- Hours: part time
Front Range Christian School in Littleton, Colorado is seeking applicants for a potential part-time K-6 art teacher. Our ideal K-6 Art Teacher will:
* Be an active and passionate follower of Jesus Christ and have an evident calling to serve Christ in the classroom.
* Have at least two year of full-time classroom experience, a bachelor’s degree in education, art or related fields, and be able to produce a high-quality portfolio of part artwork and projects.
* Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and a track record of passionately promoting students’ love and appreciation of art and design.
* Have prior experiencing in establishing creative environments whereby art and design is explored, discovered, and analyzed, both in and out of the classroom.
* Be dedicated to the mission of FRCS, pursuing a genuine interest in finding ways to biblically integrate instruction, excellence in instruction, and preparing students for life.
* In cooperation with the 7-12 fine arts staff, develop a vision for how Front Range Christian art instruction can be a cohesive K-12 program.
* Be a part of a highly motivated team of teachers who love God and students and are called to Christian education.
* Possess a knowledge of art and design concepts, a variety of media and materials, and a broad range of art history.
* Implement a dynamic, challenging and fun approach to art and design education.
* Promote students’ knowledge and understanding of art, design and art history and the role that visual arts have played throughout the history of the church.
* Receive and implement ongoing feedback from an outstanding leadership team and faculty.
* Teaching a studio well-equipped with resources, materials and technology.
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
* Effective management of the classroom with consistent and compassionate enforcement of established school-wide expectations for behavior and conduct.
* Prepare lesson plans, materials and media to support instruction based on established curriculum scope and sequence. Organization of the art studio, materials, equipment, etc.
* Curriculum Design: Experience in designing and implementing curriculum using backwards design approach.
* Media and Materials: Possesses a broad range of knowledge in a variety of mediums including drawing, painting, printmaking, clay/sculpture, collage, design, and construction.
* Art History: Regularly incorporates art history in ways that are engaging and meaningful to students and objectives.
* Self Reflection: Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
* A lifelong learner with a humble, teachable spirit, able to receive constructive feedback and pursue personal excellence in instruction.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Include