Marketing Internship with FurKidz in South Africa at FurKidz
- Posted: 11/23/2012
- Location: Pretoria / Cape Town - South Africa
- URL: http://www.furkidz.co.za
- Salary/Range: unpaid
- Hours: 40 hours per week
Furkidz is an online media platform and registered non-profit organisation with the mission to help South Africa's thousands of shelter animals.
Our website www.Furkidz.co.za provides an easily searchable, comprehensive database of rescue pets available for adoption.
We have chosen the medium of the internet in order to reach thousands of South African pet lovers instantly, and have created a cyber shelter visiting experience that is so fun and compelling that visitors fanatically search until their new pet has been found.
About 5000 animals from almost 60 shelters are featured on our website and we update the website every day. We write articles, post interesting news and physically visit the shelters, take pictures of their cats and dogs, edit the pictures, upload them to the FurKidz website and monitor their adoption progress. We have more than 800 website visitors per day and more than 400 animals are adopted each month.
Regular newsletters are sent out and FurKidz hosts and supports fundraising events and adoption days.
FurKidz is looking for volunteers/ interns to assist with the following task:
- Website administration
- Writing of articles for website, newsletter & social media
- Preparation and posting of daily news and events
- Picture and Video Editing
- Uploading of information / posting of ads
- Receiving and handling of enquiries
- Visiting animal welfares
- Taking pictures / filming video clips of shelter animals
- Handling / interacting with shelter animals/ Assessment of shelter animals
- Finding, collating, writing of newsletter content
- Administering the Lost & Found section / Administering the Happy Tails section
- Preparing of regular adoption updates
- Organizing Fundraising and other Events
FurKidz has branches in Cape Town and Pretoria.
In Dinokeng (near Pretoria) FurKidz Interns/Volunteers live on a 40ha bushveld lifestyle estate surrounded by wildlife sanctuaries and beautiful nature reserves (lots of wild life, birds, buck, jackals, monkeys, owls, kudu, zebras, elephants and even leopards) but with all amenities in close proximity.
After a training period at our branch in Dinokeng, our volunteers have the opportunity to also work at our Cape Town, here our interns live in a modern apartment only a few steps away from the beach, shops and restaurants.
Duration: minimum 1 month / maximum 6 months
Start: throughout the year
Audience: All majors
Contact: To apply please send your CV to email@example.com together with the approximate date and length of your intended stay.
FurKidz is a registered non-profit organisation, we rely entirely on donations and are not making any profits. Our sole objective is to help SA’s shelter animals and all our funds are spent towards this aim.
- Affinity to internet and computer work and proficiency in MS Office
- Well versed in English
- Social Media Experience
- Interest in Animal Welfare, Nature, Different Cultures
- Picture and video editing skills a plus
- Writing and research skills a plus
- Drivers License a plus