Associate Pastor at Grace Evangelical Free Church
- Posted: 10/8/2013
- Location: Jefferson City, MO
- URL: http://www.gracejc.org
- Hours: Full Time
Grace Evangelical Free Church is a congregation of 200 people (100 families), in Jefferson City, Missouri. We are looking for an associate pastor to lead our youth ministry and to assist the Senior Pastor in shepherding the congregation.
General Requirements: We are looking for an individual who:
• Feels a passion and calling to minister to youth
• Cultivates a vital relationship with Christ through prayer
• Will complement the Senior Pastor in carrying out pastoral duties
• Will participate fully in the ministry of GEFC, including the leadership of a small group
• Some practical ministry experience – three years is preferred
• Holds an undergraduate college degree
• Agrees with the Statement of Faith of the EFCA
A seminary degree and a willingness to work toward licensure and ordination through the EFCA, are both a plus, but not required.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
1) Oversee Youth Ministry 50%
Our ministry is highly relational. Our associate will be a true pastor who will invest time with the youth (Junior and Senior High students) and their parents. These interactions will need to take place both in the church and in the community. This pastor will plan and carry out weekly meetings, oversee educational ministries, and coordinate mission and work projects. He will need to recruit and train adult volunteers to facilitate a team approach to the ministry.
2) Assist the Senior Pastor: 40%
We recognize that this area of ministry will have to develop according to an individual’s gifts and the needs of the church. Likely areas of ministry include: preaching, adult teaching, mobilizing adults for community ministry, etc. The pastoral staff must provide leadership to a variety of areas, some of which may change over time. A current priority is to build up the 20 – 40 age group.
3) Administrative 10%
This pastor will be called upon to provide supervision of some programs and church volunteers. He will also provide administrative oversight of some operational needs.
The associate will report to the Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter, and list of references to Pastor Mark Kiekhaefer at email@example.com. We also ask you to include a one-page (maximum) summary of your philosophy of ministry, with a focus on your calling to youth and your approach to fulfilling the responsibilities listed above.
To Apply: Please send the above listed documents to