Worship Director at Grace Mountain Church
- Posted: 2/27/2013
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- URL: http://www.gracemountaincoloradosprings.org
- Salary/Range: Range of compensation with be in the range of $500 –$750 per month.
- Hours: 8-15 flexible hours per week with 1-2 services
The Worship Director will:
• Bring to the worship ministry of the church the gift of administration, and the supervisory/people skills and musical ability needed to provide the church with an authentic worship experience while involving as many people as possible in “every member ministry.”
• Be a spiritual leader as well as an administrator.” The director will understand Biblical principles of worship and be able to state them clearly.
• Demonstrate competence in vocal and instrumental performance, direction, organization, administration and the formulation of interpersonal relationships.
• Usher people into deeper levels of worship that prepares people’s hearts for the teaching.
• Have the interest and ability to blend contemporary and traditional styles for worship gatherings.
• Facilitate and develop a worship team that is connected to God and one another.
• Become an active member of the Grace Mountain Church community and local community.
• Have ability to apply A/V or graphic design skills is desirable.
A. Design a weekly worship service for Sunday, incorporating the following values:
1. Worship is the goal – music, the Word, the message, giving, communion, baptism and prayer are some of the tools.
2. Worship is much bigger than what happens on Sunday mornings. It is a lifestyle and it is the desire of the church leadership that the people serving in the worship ministry model this Biblical philosophy.
3. It’s not about musical style – it’s not about us – it’s ALL about HIM.
4. Giving the very best we have to offer in our service to the King of Kings and the Lover of our souls. We are not on a quest for perfection but rather, authentic worship.
B. Schedule special music for services.
C. Order music as needed.
D. Provide leadership for each of the areas of worship ministry: i.e. ushers, greeters, worship leaders, celebration preparation, techinical support, choir, worship team, instrumental musicians, children’s choir, drama, and youth worship.
E. Design special services appropriate to the celebration of the church calendar year.
F. Provide rehearsal material and rehearse congregational music as well as any special music for each service where needed.
G. Communicate with the worship ministry about all up-coming events and provide them with a monthly calendar of events.
H. Provide training as needed for people filling vacated spots. Recruit and train techies.
I. Coordinate any special needs with all appropriate areas of ministry. (Special times of Communion, special services where ushers are needed etc)
J. Work closely with the pastor so worship music flows seamlessly into the service of the Word as much as possible.
K. Schedule and lead regular Worship Planning Team meetings.
L. Provide opportunity for education of the congregation in the area of worship.
Flow of Authority
The Worship Director will serve under the direction of the Senior Pastor as both serve the leadership of the Board.
Confidentiality: In a church office and ministry all things are to be held in confidence. You may only speak with the Pastor about those things that arise in the office. When interacting with the congregation we will have zero tolerance of any breach of confidentiality. Leaders and staff are to avoid triangulation and always focus issues back to the person with whom they are concerned.
To Apply: send a resume to