Pastor of Adult Ministries at Hampton Falls First Baptist Church
- Posted: 10/3/2013
- Location: Hampton Falls, NH
- URL: http://www.hffbc.org
- Hours: Full Time
Pastor of Adult Ministries
To state the obvious, this person must be born again, be able to articulate the Gospel and be able to show evidence of the Gospel at work in his personal life.
A. Character Qualities
1. Above reproach
2. The husband of but one wife (If married)
7. Not given to drunkenness
8. Not violent but gentle
9. Not quarrelsome
10. Not a love of money
11. (If married with children,) He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect
12. He must not be a recent convert
13. He must have a good reputation with outsiders
B. Spiritual Gifts
C. Ministry Passions
1. Teaching adults Biblical truths
2. Teaching with methods that accommodate various learning styles
3. Studying biblical and theological truths, and monitoring trends in ministry
4. Mentoring adults in the understanding of spiritual disciplines and in the development of their own spiritual gifts
5. Exercising pastoral care
6. Sharing the Gospel and teaching others to do the same
1. We expect you to have a call to education and to the ministry of this church.
2. We expect you to have at least a Master’s Degree from a seminary.
3. We expect you to have experience in the ministry responsibilities outlined in this job description.
4. We expect you to be ordained or have plans to be ordained.
5. We expect you to ‘guard your heart’ and set systems of accountability in place for yourself.
6. We expect you to hunger after righteousness and to be involved in spiritual disciplines. We expect you to encourage others to do the same. We expect you to take time for your personal life, your spiritual life, and your physical well being.
7. We expect you to follow Biblical principles of relationships with people in our church community and in the world.
8. We expect you to build trust, harmony and integrity in your leadership role by being a servant of the people, by expecting of yourself what you expect of them, and by using proper channels to accomplish the task of ministry.
9. We expect you to keep confidential those things that should be kept confidential and to use discretion in what you share and with whom you share it.
10. We expect you to know yourself well enough to know when you work best, when you need a break and when extra time is needed periodically to accomplish goals of ministry here.
11. We expect you to take time to nurture and care for your family. Their needs come first for training, crisis, sickness and celebration.
12. We expect you to work with and support other church ministries such as music, missions, worship, evangelism, and fellowship. We expect you to encourage others to do the same.
13. We expect you and your spouse, if married, to be members of this church.
14. We expect you to prioritize the tasks of your ministry through personal evaluation, counsel with the senior pastor, and the education boards.
15. We expect you to set an example of Christlikeness in every area of your life, following the principles of leadership stated in Romans 14.
III. What We Do Not Expect
1. We encourage your family to be active in the life of the church, but we do not expect them to attend every meeting or event “because the church members expect you to be there.”
2. We do not expect you to work without adequate compensation. The finance committee will review this on a yearly basis. Sick days and family crisis days will be allowed as the church council determines.
3. We do not expect you to do ministry alone or to attend every church-related function.
IV. Working Relationships
1. You will be directly responsible to the Lord.
2. You will responsible to the senior pastor with whom you will be expected to meet regularly for the purpose of review, evaluation, goal setting, counsel, sharing and prayer.
3. You will be expected to work with the pastoral staff and church council in problem solving and in building the entire ministry of the church.
4. You will be expected to set the agenda for the meetings related to adult ministry under your care, to gather people together for discussion and prayer, and to seek counsel and wisdom from others directly involved in the adult educational ministry of the church.
5. You will be expected to work with the business manager in staying within the budget or available funds.
V. Area of Responsibility and Specific Tasks
A. The Pastor of Adult Ministries will have the following oversight responsibilities:
1. The establishment of objectives and strategies
2. The evaluation of objectives and strategies
3. The securing and developing of staffing
4. The pastoring of those people in the area of responsibility
B. The Pastor of Adult Ministries will have oversight responsibilities in the following areas:
1. Sunday Adult Education (Adult is defined as out of High School)
2. Men’s Ministries
3. Women’s Ministries
4. Ministry with 20 -30 something age group
5. Adult Small Group Ministry/Mid -week Study
6. Administration of Outreach Ministries
-Developing a culture of evangelism
-Salt Board Oversight
7. Spiritual Gift/Leadership Development
8. Fellowship Development
C. The Pastor of Adult Ministries will share oversight responsibilities with other pastoral leadership in the following areas:
2. Small Group
4. Crisis Calling
8. Marriage and Family
9. Administration and Scheduling of Events
12. Infant dedications/New Parents
13. Leadership Development
For the full, online job description, please visit our website: www.hffbc.org
To Apply: Please send resume, personal testimony, and philosophy of ministry with adults to Pastor Ken Lawrence at