Student Ministries Internship at Harvest Bible Chapel
- Posted: 2/12/2014
- Location: Davenport, IA
- URL: http://www.harvestdavenport.org
- Salary/Range: unpaid internship
- Hours: 45-50 hours per week
The Student Ministries Intern will support the Student Ministries Department in overseeing and executing all areas of Student Ministries at Harvest Bible Chapel – Davenport and West Davenport.
Reports To: Pastor of High School Ministries and the West Davenport Campus Pastor
Status: Full-time Intern, 3 months, No benefits
Start Date: TBD mutually by Harvest and intern
End Date: TBD mutually by Harvest and intern
This person must articulate and exemplify a life of faith in Christ. This person must be spiritually mature, humble, trustworthy, able to follow and willing to lead.
This person must have passion, experience, and competencies in working with Junior and Senior High Students.
Major Learning Objectives:
The Harvest Bible Chapel- Davenport Internship in Student Ministries will aim to advance your growth in the following areas:
● Leadership skills
● Ministry Programming
● Event Planning
● Discussion Facilitation
● Attend Wednesday night ministries to observe, support, facilitate and lead, as needed
● Complete follow-up communication with new and/or absent students
● Build and develop leadership teams under the direction of ministry staff
● Shadow the Pastors to learn and execute ministry responsibilities
● Reading list completion (with follow-up summary papers)
● Maintain consistent disciplines of prayer, Bible study, quietness with God and worship
● Complete an Internship Summary Paper
● Plan and execute a Student Ministries event
● Apprentice within a Student Ministries break-out group
● Develop one sermon
● Teaching to Change Lives by Howard G. Hendricks
● Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer by J. Oswald Sanders
● Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries
Write a 1-2 summary paper for each book, describing the main objective of the book, skills acquired and any application experiences associated with the book.
Internship Summary Paper:
Write an internship summary paper (3-5 pages) explaining how you grew in and applied the learning objectives of the Harvest Bible Chapel internship program. Due the last week of your internship.
To Apply: To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and completed Internship Application to Christina Wallace at cwallaceharvestdavenport.org and be sure to visit our website at www.harvestdavenport.org