Youth Pastor at Hillside Baptist Church
- Posted: 6/13/2013
- Location: Dickinson, ND
- URL: http://hillsidebaptist.org
- Hours: Full Time
Hillside Baptist Church is seeking a man whose passion for Jesus is demonstrated by making disciples among young people (including pre-teens) and their families. We are looking for a person who is willing to actively engage the Dickinson community in order to share the gospel, seeing lives transformed. Since the high school youth group at HBC currently is small, we anticipate you would be able to build the group, call and train volunteers, and create an excitement among young people about following Jesus.
1. Bachelor or Master degree from accredited Christian college, university, or seminary.
2. Proven track record of effective ministry demonstrated by Christ-like love in service and teaching.
3. Committed to living in accordance with the Word of God.
4. Clear evidence of a character and lifestyle that reflects the elder qualifications of 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
5. Willing to be accountable to the pastoral staff, board of elders, and church congregation.
6. Committed to a team approach to ministry.
7. Embraces the Purpose Statement and Core Values of Hillside Baptist Church
8. Will joyfully enter into membership with HBC.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Pray consistently for all students and their families.
2. Welcome new families and help connect them to HBC through visitation and personal contact.
3. Help youth become passionate followers of Christ, especially integrating 5th and 6th grade students, and provide spiritual leadership and counsel.
4. Impart the vision of the HBC youth ministry regularly to parents and the church family.
5. Oversee weekly youth meetings, recruitment and training of youth ministry team and volunteers.
6. Plan and implement the budget for the youth ministry.
7. Organize special events that include mission trips, youth camps, etc.
8. Assist with the general pastor duties, preaching at appropriate times, assisting in other services, participating in pastoral care, and serving as an elder.
To Apply: Send resume to