Children Ministries at Hope Crossing Church
- Posted: 12/13/2012
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.hopecrossingchurch.org
- Salary/Range: $400 month
- Hours: 10-15
Hope Crossing Church is a growing community in S.W. Denver. Our vision is to be known within our 3 mile radius as a place where people can find hope, peace, and purpose. We are praying that God allows us to see 300 people come to know Christ in the immediate future. We are also praying God allows us to become a multiplying church by way of planting 2 churches in our community. We call this vision - Vision 303.
We are a turn around church beginning our 3rd year in the turn around process. God has blessed our efforts. In the past 3 years, the average age of our congregation has dropped approximately 25 years. In 2011, Denver was identified as the top destination for relocating families and individuals between the age of 25 and 44. With this growth, we have recognized the need to train and equip; families, fathers, and mothers to be the spiritual directors in the lives of their kids.
We have also recognized that our neighborhood has experienced rapid growth in the Hispanic population. In 2000 our zip code held 2% Hispanics. By the 2010 census, that numbers soared to 28%. Much of this growth has come by way of second generation Hispanic families. If we are going to be faithful to what God has called us to do in our community, we must address this culture shift. The Vietnamese population has experienced rapid growth in our zip code as well. With this in mind, applicants with cross cultural experience are encouraged to apply.
Please take a moment to look at the attached job description. We will be looking for someone who is willing to work hard and grow with us. Experience would be helpful. Proven work ethic and leadership with references required.
At Hope Crossing Church we seek be a family centered ministry. We believe the family is the primary place for spiritual instruction and growth. We will seek to come alongside parents and grandparents in their task as the spiritual directors in the lives of their children. This position will be responsible to provide a safe, friendly, dynamic environment for families to come worship together. This position will be responsible to equip families as the center of spiritual development.
1. Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Have a genuine concern for the spiritual growth of families.
3. Agree with the Hope Crossing statement of faith.
4. Fully support Hope Crossing's vision/purposes and philosophy of ministry.
5. Possess the necessary training, experience and abilities needed to fulfill the assigned responsibilities.
6. Demonstrate a servant’s heart.
7. Be well connected and respected with in the church body.
8. Will posses the organization skills needed to efficiently execute responsibilities.
9. Technical and computer competencies along with social networking abilities.
10. Degree in Family Ministries or in pursuit of a ministry degree (great job for a Seminary or College student.
1. Execution of Sunday morning Kids programing. 0-12 yrs.
2. Pastoral responsibilities to team members. Shepherd your team.
3. Recruit, train, deploy, and nurture your team.
4. Develop safety policies and procedures which can be carried out by ministry partners and ongoing staff.
5. Ensure every worker undergoes back ground check, necessary training, and interview prior to serving.
6. On going communication with parents.
7. Participate a Life Group.
8. Participate in leadership meetings.
9. Provide training and equipping for parents as spiritual directors in the lives of their children.
10. Facilitate relationships between children and adult congregation.
1. This position reports to the Lead pastor.
Approximate Hours Break down: 10-15 hours a week
Compensation: $400 a month
To Apply: Matt (303) 359-7075 or