Director of Children's Ministry at Hope Evangelical Free Church
- Posted: 8/8/2013
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- URL: http://www.hopeevfree.org
- Hours: Full Time
The Director of Children’s Ministry shall:
1. Work to create and maintain a Children’s Ministry that is Gospel-Centered, safe, creative, engaging, and age-appropriate.
2. Develop, organize, and/or coordinate the children’s ministries of the church (birth through 5th grade).
3. Partner with parents to help kids
a. Experience the life changing power of the gospel
b. Better understand the big story of how God came to rescue the world he created
c. Cultivate healthy relationships within the church family.
1. The Director of Children’s Ministry reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
2. The Director of Children’s Ministry will serve as the Ministry Area leader for Children’s Ministry.
3. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work closely with the Pastor of Youth Ministry to ensure a continuous and contiguous ministry from birth to college.
4. The Director of Children’s Ministry provides oversight to the Nursery and Preschool Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Children’s Ministry shall:
1. Be responsible for the organization and staffing of all Sunday morning children’s programs.
2. Recruit, interview, and train all children’s volunteer workers.
3. Maintain supplies, resources, and curriculum.
4. Ensure that all curriculum is biblically and theologically sound, Christ-centered, and engaging to children.
5. Ensure that every classroom is safe, clean, well-equipped, and attractive.
6. Maintain all necessary files for the safety of the children and volunteers.
7. Provide training and support for all volunteers and workers throughout the year.
8. Coordinate nursery functions, ensuring staffing, safety procedures, and a safe facility.
9. Meet regularly with the pastoral staff for the purpose of maintaining fellowship, communication, unity, and prayer.
10. Coordinate activities for the children during church business meetings.
11. Develop and manage the budget for Children’s Ministries.
12. Approve the hiring of any paid child care workers.
13. Regular communication with parents to inform them of the goals, purposes, and activities of the children’s ministry program.
As time allows, the Director of Children’s Ministry may:
1. Organize service ministry projects for the children’s programs.
2. Organize social and outreach activities for the children and/or families of the children of the church.
3. Coordinate activities for the children during adult meetings, Bible studies, activities, or worship services upon request by leadership of the event.
4. Provide summer programs that are biblically strong, gospel-centered, and attractive and engaging to both Christians and non-Christian families.
Core Values and Commitments
1. Our classrooms, curriculum, activities, and teachers will be creative, fun, developmentally appropriate, and engage the imagination of children.
2. The bible is not a collection of moralistic stories, but the unfolding story of God’s plan to rescue our broken world. The Hero of the Story is Jesus (not Noah or David or Daniel). We want our kids to know Jesus and love Jesus and understand his great love for them. We want to help our kids learn the difference between moralism and grace; memorization and faithfulness to Jesus; religion and true love for God.
3. Parents entrust that which is most precious to them into our care—we respect this trust and will do everything in our power to create a safe, caring, healthy environment for our children. We ensure that every adult who works with our children is well screened, trained, and prepared.
4. The primary context for the discipleship of children is the home. We believe that God has given parents the primary responsibility to raise their children in the wisdom and instruction of the Lord. The church’s children’s ministry plays a secondary role.
1. A vibrant, vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Strong Christian Character
3. A bachelor’s degree or higher in Child Education/ Development/ or Christian Education is highly desirable.
4. Previous experience in children’s ministries is preferred.
5. Strong leadership and people skills.
6. Team builder.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Love for children
9. Strong organizational and management skills are required.
10. Detailed oriented.
11. Ability to manage and oversee multiple functions and tasks is required.
To Apply: Send a resume to