- Residential Counselor
- Hope House of Colorado
- Posted: 12/30/2013
- Salary/Range: $10/hour
- Hours: Evenings & Weekends
- Arvada, CO
Description:Title: Residential Counselor
Reports to: Residential Program Manager
Basic Summary: Residential Counselors maintain the structure of the Hope House Program, enforce adherence to rules and policies as well provide encouragement, relationship and fellowship to Hope House residents.
1. Supervise all afternoon and evening activities.
2. Oversee and adhere to house schedule.
3. Oversee residents returning from job training, approved activities and/or appointments.
4. Transport residents and their children to and from appointments as needed.
5. Eat dinner with the residents and their children on a regular basis.
6. Oversee dinner preparation and clean up.
7. Supervise all on-site teen moms, visitors or volunteers.
8. Oversee volunteer teachers of scheduled life skills and parenting classes.
9. Occasionally provide assistance to life skills and/or parenting teacher.
10. Help with childcare/children’s program during life skills and parenting classes.
11. Daily document residents’ behavior, attitude, and performance.
12. Read and be very familiar with Hope House program description.
13. Report residents’ appointments and schedules to Case Manager.
14. Address and enforce adherence to Hope House rules and policies.
15. Follow all Hope House security procedures.
16. Mandatory Staff Meetings on Thursday mornings.
17. Overnight staff is expected to be able to sleep for 6 hours each night. These are unpaid hours. If sleep is interrupted, staff may log those hours as paid time.
1. Applicant must be female and over the age of 21.
2. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
3. A background/criminal check must be completed before employment is granted.
4. Experience working with at-risk adolescent girls and teen moms a plus.
5. Must have good leadership skills and the ability to work well with others.