Desktop Support Specialist at InquisiCorp Corporation
- Posted: 11/21/2012
- Location: Littleton, CO
- URL: http://www.sonlight.com
- Salary/Range: $21/hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
Desktop Support Specialist
(Part Time – 15-20 Hours per Week)
You will be working to provide desktop support services for approximately 40 MS-Windows operating system PCs, MS Office applications, printer and copier support. This position will monitor, update, and track help desk tickets on a daily basis.
We are a Christian company “for-profit” and offer challenging and fulfilling work. We currently have approximately 40 employees and four departments. We offer work life balance, flexible schedules, casual dress, competitive pay, and a mission that inspires you. You need to embrace our vision and mission in order to help us continue to grow and improve!
Empower parents to nurture enthusiastic, life-long learners who are motivated and equipped to follow Christ wherever He leads in whatever He calls them to do. (Mt. 6:33)
Reach families worldwide with remarkable, literature-rich, and internationally focused homeschool curriculum.
Our umbrella company is InquisiCorp Inc. our primary brand is Sonlight Curriculum. You may visit us at www.sonlight.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Perform technical troubleshooting and problem resolution involving:
o Desktop Operating System (Windows)
o Hardware and configuration of PCs, laptops, printers, and copiers
o Desktop applications including MS Office and other software
o Coordinating equipment purchases, repairs, and returns with vendors
o LAN & WAN network connectivity
o Adds, moves, and changes for telephone and voicemail
• Provide exceptional service to all customers
• Assess the need for upgrades and/or replacements
• Configure, install, and test personal computer hardware and software
• Communicate plans, timing and task resolution information to customers
• Maintain high levels of security in configurations for PC’s, network connections, and applications
• Communicate potential outage information immediately
• Manage activities in the helpdesk system
• Document and follow procedures
• Research and stay abreast of new technology in desktop options and solutions
• Strive for technology standardization
• Provide end-user technical training
• Manage inventory of spare parts and software
Other duties as required to meet deadlines and support computer users and high systems availability
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field or three years of technical network experience or an equivalent combination of applicable education and experience is required. Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Operating System, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory is required. Redhat Linux, and VM Ware are highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Limited exposure to physical risk.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Some evenings and weekends are required.
Please send your resume to apply@InquisiCorp.com or by fax to 303-795-6509, attention Lydia Bowers. Or apply in person at 8042 S. Grant Way Littleton, CO 80122.
Go to Technology and Computers (Networks, Internet, etc.) projects / All Jobs