Home Sweet Home

← back to blog home

Feb 19, 2010 by Natalie Corbin | 0 Comments

Denver Seminary’s original campus was the Bonfils family mansion. The mansion was purchased from Helen Bonfils for $55,000 in 1950 and housed the Seminary until 1968. A very prominent family in Denver, the Bonfils family owned the Denver Post. The mansion's rooms were converted to serve the purposes of the school:

  • Bowling alley = bookstore.
  • Wine cellar = storage room for library periodicals
  • Theater = library reading and reference room
  • Theater stage = library office
  • Swimming pool = stacks and book storage (after being covered, of course)
  • Billiard room = recreation room for students with ping-pong table
  • Living room = chapel

Comments

0 Comments | Login to Post Comments

6399 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado, USA 80120 | 800.922.3040 |
Business Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM | Privacy Policy | Alert Line | Copyright ©2014 Denver Seminary

Powered by Academia 360 College CMS

Follow Us On Social Media