Part Time Therapist at Maple Star
- Posted: 10/2/2013
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- URL: http://www.maplestar.net
- Salary/Range: $20hr
- Hours: 0- 30 hours a week
Maple Star is currently looking to hire qualified candidates for the Part TimePRN Therapist position for our growing program in Colorado Springs. Minimum requirements: Master's degree in a related field, currently licensed or license eligible, 1 year paid experience in the mental health field preferably working with childrenadolescents and must be listed in the Registered Psychotherapist Database for consideration (if unlicensedlicense eligible). You must be able to attend our weekly staff meeting Thursday from 11a- 1p. Bi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Full job description is listed below. Please reply directly to this ad and include your resume. Only replies including a resume will be considered for interview.
MAPLE STAR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Part Time VRP Therapist
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide therapeutic services to client and family in accordance
with the VRP treatment model.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Clinical Supervisor
• Complete the following assessments: needs assessment based upon client and family treatment goals.
• Develop individualized treatment and crisis plans.
• Provide individual therapy.
• Provide family and/or couples therapy.
• Provide Allied Therapies (including but not limited to: music, art, movement, recreation, occupational, vocational )
• To communicate with referral agents and supervisor about progress of the client, and significant needs or issues addressed during therapy sessions.
• Provide family psycho educational activities tied to comprehensive treatment and discharge plan monthly.
• Coordinate services between various agencies.
• Act as liaison between family, referring agencies, and other community organizations.
• Participate in bi-monthly supervision by telephone, face to face or in a group setting.
• To participate in the on-call rotation
• To serve as a member of Maple Star's treatment team and provide insight to behavior coaches.
• Maintain high degree of confidentiality regarding client case materials.
• To report any incidents of child abuse or neglect.
• Respond appropriately to crisis
• To participate in ancillary activity that contributes to the growth of clients.
• Attend and participate in weekly clinical treatment team meetings.
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• All other duties as assigned by the Therapist Supervisor.
• Complete all necessary documentation and reports in a timely manner.
• Follow through on authorization requirements for each client to include phone calls, staffings, documentation and reports.
• Participate in and complete all required training.
• Maintain client files.
• Complete and submit work diaries, timesheets, and expenses on required dates.
II. PUBLIC RELATIONS:
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism regarding demeanor, dress,
language, style, and overall manner.
III. WEEKLY SERVICE HOURS (required): 62.5 % of billable hours to include face to face individual or family therapy or clinical case management that pertains specifically to the clinical needs of the client or client's family.
IV. Education And Training:
• Master's Degree required. Licensure preferred.
• Must have experience working with children and families in various settings.
V. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge and use of a conceptual framework for child and adolescent development, emotional and behavior problems, parenting, crisis intervention, cultural competence, and a range of treatment modalities including foster care.
• Effective organizational skills including the ability to think clearly and logically; to problem solve effectively; written and oral communication skills; and the ability to function with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts for clinical practice with individuals and families.
• Knowledge of local agencies and other community resources that may serve youth, families, and foster care services.
VI. Other Requirements:
• Must be willing to submit for fingerprinting and a background criminal check.
• Background criminal check must meet the Colorado State Department of Social Services requirements for personnel working in the child welfare system.
• Must not have any positive inquiries found in the grievance board database.
• Therapists can be terminated for any and all positive inquiries to the grievance board. All therapists must be in compliance with Colorado revised statute 12-42-702.5.
To Apply: Send Resume to