Trails Day Crew Corpsmember 2013 Summer at Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 2/20/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://milehighyouthcorps.org
Position Title: Trails Corpsmember
Position Type: Temporary, position, 12 week program commitment
Location: 1801 Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80204
Compensation: Living stipend of $640.00 per pay period, paid in bi-weekly installments Includes transportation to projects, uniforms, and environmental education and training
First pay date will be May 24th, 2013
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
* Required to work Friday May 31st, and Friday July 5th from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. due to holidays observed on Memorial Day (May 27th) and 4th of July (July 4th).
* Required to work: Friday, July 26th from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. for career readiness training.
* May be required to work: Friday June 7th, July 12th, and August 9th from 8:00 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m.
AmeriCorps Benefits: Corpsmembers are eligible for a $1,175.00 AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of 300 hours of service.
Season Dates: May 15 -- August 9, 2013
Orientation May 15th -- May 17th, 2013
*** Unpaid week off May 20th, 2013
11 week production season starts May 28th 2013 and runs to August 9th, 2013.
Reports To: Mile High Youth Corps Crew Leader
Mile High Youth Corps is a regional, non-profit, AmeriCorps (www.americorps.gov) affiliated organization that engages youth in terms of service that help the planet and provide pathways to a promising future. Corpsmembers work on conservation and environmental stewardship projects throughout the Denver metro area while engaging in meaningful education activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 10 young adults completing service and conservation projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front Range. Project examples are trail construction and maintenance, fencing, campground improvements, noxious weed eradication, wildlife habitat improvements and public land
maintenance and clean up.
• May be required to participate in Colorado Cares National Service Day, July 27, 2013.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement, healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember Handbooks.
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• High school or GED graduate.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
• Available for a minimum of 300 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
• Able to be on time and maintain a minimum of 90% attendance rate through term of service.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public lands.
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in work projects, and education.
• Must be willing to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code. Uniforms will be provided.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the Youth Corp philosophy.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver's license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
Online: www.milehighyouthcorps.org (application under "Apply Now" in the top-right corner of our home page)
In person: Come to our headquarters at 1801 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204.
Mail: Attn. Christy Gallese, 1801 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204
Questions? Please call 720-407-7281 x325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: 303-433-1206 ext. 221